: The Acute Care Nurse Practitioner leads our Clinical Emergency Response Team (CERT) and Sepsis screening initiatives. The Nurse Practitioner functions as a provider maintaining and promoting the health of the patient requiring acute care. Directs patient care according to the nurse practice act of the State of Texas and The Methodist Standards of Nursing Care policies and procedures.
Our Nurse Practitioners define the path for bedside nurses and partner with physicians across a variety of challenging specialties. If you're an ACNP, join us here to build your technical expertise while ensuring clinical excellence for patients and each other.
Lead patients, colleagues and yourself to greater outcomes with The Methodist Hospital.
- Leads the Clinical Emergency Response Team (Rapid Response) – managing acute situations
- Screens and manages identified patient populations for sepsis
- Conducts comprehensive health assessments, identifies normal/abnormal health characteristics, develops plan of care, initiates appropriate interventions, and evaluates care outcomes on defined patient populations(s).
- Demonstrates leadership as clinical resource, interdisciplinary consult, and patient advocate.
- Serves as preceptor for Nurse Practitioner students
Lead with integrity. Lead with experience. Lead with the support of our world-renowned, Magnet-recognized team at The Methodist Hospital.
1.Masters Degree in Nursing – Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
1.Required minimum of three (3) years of clinical nursing experience.
2. Preferred minimum of 2 years in Advanced Practice role.
3. Must be able to communicate effectively in English
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
1. Registered Nurse with current Texas license
2. Credentialed by the Texas Board of Nursing as Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
3.Prescriptive authority privileges through the State of Texas
5. ACLS, PALS, FCCS within 6 months of hire
- 22 months ago - save job