Kraft Foods North America is currently seeking a talented individual to work within its Quality - Nutrition Applications & Regulatory department. The position will be based in Glenview, IL. This position offers a unique opportunity to interface with many areas of the organization (R&D, Quality, Marketing, Legal, Package & Brand Design, and Consumer Relations) as a regulatory and nutrition expert within the Kraft Foods Group. Problem solving, managing complexity, decision quality, project leadership, and organizational skills will be highly refined in this position.
This position provides comprehensive regulatory and nutrition management for new and existing brands/products. Job duties include providing nutrition and regulatory guidance for concept and early product development, raw material technical information evaluation, nutrition data management, ingredient line and nutrition facts panel development, nutrition and health claim substantiation, review/approval of advertising, social media and package graphics, and ensuring compliance to FDA regulations as well as Kraft policies/procedures. The candidate will partner with business teams to advance business objectives and strategies. The candidate must have strong decision quality, prioritization, communication, peer relationship and problem solving skills.
The ideal candidate will have a strong science background, knowledge of FDA food regulations, and prior work experience in a consumer packaged goods company.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Generate accurate and timely regulatory information including ingredient statements, allergen information, nutrition facts panels, and claims in an electronic specification system.
- Provide expert regulatory advice and guidance to business teams
- Proactively identify nutrition/regulatory opportunities for supported brands
- Execute against project objectives and strategies
- Review and approve advertising and promotional materials as well as package label graphics
- Implement business initiatives related to US compliance and labeling (e.g. allergen policies)
- Evaluate and communicate impact of changing food regulations and legislation on supported brands
- Minimum B.S. in Nutrition, Food Science, or related field
- Minimum 3 years` experience in food industry, regulatory or nutrition-related field
- Knowledge of FDA food regulations and their application
- Excellent problem solving, prioritization, and influencing skills
- Ability to deal with complexity and is detail-oriented.
- Strong drive for results and ability to meet timelines
- Ability to learn on the fly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
CPG Job List - 2 years ago