Howard Community College
Install new microcomputer hardware and software. Diagnose and correct microcomputer problems in classrooms and open labs. Repair equipment and resolve software problems. Maintain network connectivity for all microcomputers and peripherals.
- Support faculty, staff, and students in the use of microcomputer equipment and software.
- Repair or replace broken microcomputer equipment.
- Work with staff to address any and all workflow issues such as printing and network connectivity.
- Provide end users with help desk support.
- Perform tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
$ 19.68 per hour. Plus excellent medical insurances, paid leaves and tuition reimbursement. This position is overtime eligible.
- Knowledge of current operating systems and environments. Knowledge of popular word processing, spreadsheets and other application software.
- Knowledge of current microcomputer equipment.
- Working knowledge of current operating systems.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs and pull up to 200 lbs. is required.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.hccjobs.org
- Network+/A+ Certifications.
- Detailed functional knowledge of the imaging process for workstations.
- Working knowledge of Power Shell and/or Visual Basic for scripting.
- Knowledge of Microsoft App-V.
- Knowledge of HP Printer hardware.
- Work experience with computer administration required, or MCP / MCDS .
- Detailed functional knowledge of Dell workstation equipment setup and operation.
- Detailed knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems and working knowledge of Windows server OS.
- Working knowledge of networking protocols.
Howard Community College is committed to valuing diversity and recognizes the critical role of an educational institution in preparing its students, faculty, and staff to become contributing members of the global community. The Diversity Committee promotes conversation, exchange, and an increased awareness of diversity issues affecting the college community.
“We acknowledge that diversity is more than a concept or philosophy; it is a way of being. Diversity is recognizing, appreciating, respecting, listening to and learning from the unique talents and contributions of all people.”
Copyright ©2012 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Howard Community College - 11 months ago