Provides key technical support for customers, distributors, and field sales engineers through the detailed understanding of MTS Sensors products, the underlying technologies, and the application knowledge required to successfully implement the products in the field.
1. Provides customers, distributors and MTS sales personnel with technical support for MTS sensor products. Applications support consists of both pre and post sales work. Pre-sales support involves recommending specific products based on applications knowledge and the specific needs of customers. Post sales support involves troubleshooting applications issues and resolving customer problems in the field. Inter-department coordination (repair, inside & outside sales, etc) is critical to success in this role.
2. Travels with field sales engineers to visit customers for the purpose of providing applications consulting, identifying new opportunities, and providing technical updates to the market.
3. Develops and maintains a working knowledge of new and existing products and specializes on specific product lines as assigned. Works closely with Product Management, Quality Assurance, Repair, and Engineering to identify and resolve field quality issues as needed.
4. Carries and responds to pager/phone calls in support of Sensors Division’s 24 hour technical assistance service.
5. Evaluates the technical and business feasibility of custom (small volume) products as well as overseeing the processing of custom orders. Also, provides customers with quotations on customized product(s) as directed by product management.
6. Assists Product Management and Marketing Communications in the review of product literature for correctness and completeness and gives approval of such via the LCO process. This includes information published on the company website, and other forms of electronic media.
7. Participates in customer and distributor training programs, including developing presentations for new programs or new products as needed.
8. Undertakes special projects as assigned or as needed for improving customer satisfaction such as but not limited to special documentation for troubleshooting purposes or systems for easy conversion from old to new products.
9. Provides feedback to product management, marketing, QA, manufacturing and design engineering concerning product performance for the purpose of product and customer satisfaction improvement. Also provides market information concerning new potential business opportunities to marketing and product management.
10. Knows and applies the division’s quality policy and procedures of ISO-9001 and it relates to area of responsibility. Follow all standard operating procedures as prescribed and notifies appropriate personnel of any non-conformance.
Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering Discipline with 3 years of applicable experience
Associate's Degree in technical field with 10 years of applicable experience
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 2 years ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...