This position will be a member of the team responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of CareHub, hardware and various applications produced in the Systems Development Group.
This includes design, building, installing, repairing and maintaining various components to ensure optimal application performance as well as front line support for all SDG applications. This team member will work with end users and team members via person, telephone and email in a timely and accurate fashion.
Perform hardware and software maintenance of SDG Systems
- Perform daily maintenance of SDG hardware
- Report all issues to the team to evaluate appropriate resolution
- Maintain inventory of SDG related hardware
- Work closely with Clinical Engineering, Electric and other departments that assist in repair and replacement of hardware components.
Provide ongoing support for all SDG applications
- Provide front line support to users through phone,eRequest and email support requests. Provide systems support in patient rooms as needed.
- Assess issues, address when possible, and document for support programmer when needed
- Complete support items with designated SDG timeframe based on priority
- Take responsibility for system maintenance in conjunction with the programming team
- Work with customers in a friendly and supportive manner
Engineer hardware solutions for SDG applications
- Work with developers to engineer new hardware solutions for SDG systems.
- Evaluate new and better solutions as they become available in the market place.
- Build prototypes and assist/train developers and implementers as needed.
Be a team player in the Systems Development Group
- Through exposure to business needs and system implementation, work to reduce duplicity of systems and reports
- Assist in training of other staff on the team and seek out training from other staff members.
- Undertakes projects for the Director and CIO on an as needed basis
- Develop creative and innovative initiatives to improve the services offered by the department
- Meet with the SDG on weekly basis to review current issues/projects
Prepare and provide appropriate documentation for end users and other support staff for SDG systems
- Document system maintenance and administration procedures for applications and SDG related hardware
- Take an active role in ensuring end users are utilizing SDG applications and hardware as intended.
- Participate in training based on SDG documentation as needed.
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
• Field of Study: Computing/Healthcare/Business or related degree
• Experience Substitution: Or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1 year total experience required
which includes 1 year of hardware and software support experience
• which includes 1 year of Microsoft systems technologies experience
2 years designing and implementing major computer systems experience
2 years in a healthcare or consulting environment experience
Physical Activity - Stand
Physical Activity - Walk
Physical Activity - Sit
Physical Activity - Use hands to touch, handle, or feel
Physical Activity - Reach with hands and arms
Physical Activity - Climb or balance
Physical Activity - Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, twist, or bend
Physical Activity - Talk or hear
Physical Environment - Inside Office Environment / conditions
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 10 pounds
Lifting/Pushing/Pulling Weight - Up to 25 pounds
Noise Level - In general, the noise level for this position is considered to be:
Arkansas Children's Hospital - 10 months ago
As the only pediatric medical center in the state, Arkansas Children's Hospital (ACH) serves the youngest Razorbacks from birth to age...