The SDK Architect is a key member of the Client Platform & Graphics team and will report to the Senior Director of Graphics Technology. This position will allow you to directly impact technology decisions, as well as get your "hands dirty" with engine creation. If you are passionate about mobile games, client-side technology, and working in a fast-paced start-up environment, this role is for you!
- Hands-on development and management of a scalable, server infrastructure SDK software for iOS and Android games
- Lead projects throughout software development lifecycle and help define and enhance game integration workflow and efforts
- Develop leading-edge, reusable server solutions
- Design underlying database schema and interface
- Implement high quality code with comprehensive unit testing
- Collaborate with our core Engineering group and other teams cross-functionally within the organization
- Adopt and evaluate technologies that will improve platform capability and team efficiency
Refer a Friend:
- 8+ years software development of game engines
- Deep expertise with C++ and Unity (or some other game engine, like Unreal.)
- Experience in building and running large-scale, distributed services
- Proven ability to design/architecture large components.
- Strong background with Algorithms, Data Structures, and Operations Systems
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
- Exceptional communication, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent preferred
- Graphics experience a plus
We rely on your referrals for our success, and to show our appreciation, Machine Zone offers a Referral Bonus Program. If you refer someone to us for a full-time position and we hire them, you will receive a $1000 referral bonus after 90 days of successful employment. Certain rules, restrictions, and eligibility requirements apply. To make a referral or to learn more about the Referral Bonus Program, please contact us at referralmachinezone.com.
Top Reasons to Join Us:
Be part of the most innovative mobile gaming company with phenomenal growth opportunities
Competitive compensation package, bonus initiative plans, 401K, full health benefits, ST/LT insurance and unlimited vacation
Located in downtown Palo Alto near all the restaurants, bars, and cafes
Food, snacks, drinks, and lunches/dinners with founders
Monthly events (offsite mixers, game nights, ice cream socials, etc.), group lunches, holiday party, ping pong table, video games… and more!
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly Addmired) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play mobile social games in the world. Launched in 2008 with Y Combinator, Machine Zone has seen explosive annual growth with its highly successful free-to-play games, including iMob, Original Gangstaz, Global War, iMob 2, Race or Die 2, among others. To date, the company has well over 40 million downloads of their iPhone games. The company operates profitably and has raised two rounds of funding from Anthos Capital, Baseline Ventures, and Menlo Ventures.
Winner of the Crunchies Award (Techcrunch), we are a unique, highly talented and ambitious team of free-to-play game experts and rock-star engineers, all focused on building highly engaging mobile experiences for its gamers. We continue to expand our teams and look for top talent around the world to build not only the most exciting technical and social projects in mobile gaming, but to help create the best gaming company. Come and be part of the revolution!
Machine Zone does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website, employees or Human Resources. Machine Zone will not pay fees for unsolicited agency resumes and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Machine Zone and will be processed accordingly without fee.
Based in Palo Alto, Calif., Machine Zone, Inc. (formerly known as Addmired, Inc.) is focused on creating the most engaging free-to-play...