Bridgepoint is adding consultants to our Houston-based team.
The Manager, SEC Reporting assists in the company’s SEC financial reporting functions, with responsibility for such items as managing the SEC reporting calendar, implementing/refining policies, processes and controls, monitoring standard setting activities of the FASB and SEC, drafting portions of annual and quarterly reports, the disclosures checklist, and calculations associated with share-based compensation and EPS. The Manager, SEC Reporting prepares and/or reviews supporting documentation for financial statements, related footnotes and MD&A disclosure in SEC reports; reviews, ties out, and maintains support for annual and quarterly financial statements and schedules included in SEC filings, earnings releases and other presentations; and performs technical research and writes memos on accounting positions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists with drafting and preparing required SEC filings of financial reports.
- Key contributor in quarterly, annual, and intermittent SEC filings.
- Review press releases, external presentations, and printed materials for compliance with SEC guidance and consistency with SEC financial reports.
- Researches and resolves accounting and business issues.
- Performs desk reviews of significant, non-recurring transactions for compliance with company accounting policies.
- Prepares the company’s stock-based compensation calculations and related disclosures.
- Prepares quarterly earnings per share calculations.
- Manages and reviews the preparation of XBRL financial exhibits for quarterly reports.
- Responsible for monitoring proposed and final SEC rules / U.S. GAAP, assessing the impact, and developing implementation plans, as appropriate.
- Assists the accounting department with the implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Performs certain variance analysis and metrics for MD&A disclosures.
- Provides technical guidance and liaison with accounting department on matters involving significant judgment or complex application of U.S. GAAP, as directed by the Director of SEC Reporting, including the preparation of technical accounting memos.
- Reviews schedules and analysis prepared by the Senior Analyst, SEC Reporting.
- Consults with other departments’ management responsible for policy or action that may have an accounting consequence.
- Acts within scope of authority and consistent with company and corporate objectives, guidelines, policies and practices.
- Seeks and implements process improvements in the financial reporting function.
- Works with accounting department and the company’s external auditor to ensure timely execution of quarterly financial statement reviews and annual audits.
Licenses, Certifications, Credentials and Education:
- CPA designation is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is minimum requirement.
- 3 years ago - save job