SEC Reporting Financial Analyst
Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive services business offers a full suite of financing products and services, including new and used vehicle inventory and consumer financing, leasing, inventory insurance, commercial loans and vehicle remarketing services. Ally Bank, the company's direct banking subsidiary, offers an array of deposit products, including certificates of deposit, savings accounts, money market accounts, IRA deposit products and interest checking. Ally's Commercial Finance unit provides financing to middle-market companies across a broad range of industries
Corporate Controllers – SEC Reporting
This role is instrumental in the creation of quarterly SEC reports and is a part of the Corporate Controllers group.
Responsibilities will be primarily focused on the day to day coordination and preparation of elements of Ally’s SEC filings. The position requires an individual with an accounting degree or relevant accounting experience who is able to leverage prior experience into fresh ideas and concepts. Position will report directly to the Manager of SEC Reporting and have interaction with the Director and Executive Director of SEC Reporting.
Duties and Responsibilities:
SEC Filings – Form 10-K/10-Q
- Assist in overall preparation of the consolidated financial statements
- Compilation/preparation of sections of management discussion & analysis (MD&A)
- Compilation/preparation of certain footnote disclosures
- Work with business units (e.g., automotive finance, insurance, etc.) during the data collection process to obtain required information
- Assist in preparing and administering SAP reports to support the financial statement preparation process
- Serve as a liaison with Ally’s external auditors
- Assist in 10-K/10-Q document review
- Review and maintain the department’s distribution lists, quarterly task lists, electronic team room, and SAP updates
- Complete special projects and ad hoc requests
- Assist in the preparation of various Ally committee materials
- Coordinate spreadsheet audit, SAP updates/GL maintenance
- BS/BBA degree in Accounting
- CPA desirable but not required
- Strong core accounting, analytical, decision making, and problem solving skills
- Strong organization and project management skills, and ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Energetic and inquisitive, quick learner, takes initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbal
- Ability to influence others and work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated leadership ability and the capacity to anticipate and develop new processes with minimal direction
- Proficient knowledge of computer skills including MS Office applications and intermediate technical skills related to accounting applications
Working at Ally is Rewarding!
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and above-market bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program and emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally Offers Competitive Benefits:
401K Matching and Company Contributions
Paid Time Off (Roll-over up to 150%)
Variable Pay (bonuses)
Comprehensive Health Insurance Coverage
Vendor Partnership Discount Program
Charitable Gift Contribution Matching
Ally is an equal opportunity employer in that our policy, in accordance with federal & state laws, prohibits employment discrimination solely on the basis of a person's race, color, creed, sexual orientation, sex, marital status, or disability except where a reasonable, bona fide occupational qualification exists.
Accounting / Finance
Finance - 1001180001
Jul 11, 2013, 10:30:07 AM
Ally Financial - 20 months ago
“Ally Financial Inc. is a leading automotive financial services company powered by a top direct banking franchise. Ally's automotive...