The SEC Reporting Manager is responsible for:|
Reporting to the Corporate Controller.
- All aspects of the Company’s SEC filings (forms 10-Q, 10-K and 8-K),
- Monitoring emerging accounting developments and assessing their impact on the business,
- Management and reporting of stock compensation,
- Developing policy and standardization of accounting practices across the business,
- Internal control management and SOX compliance
o Communicates procedures and timeline to all contributors (internal and external). Monitors progress against established timeline.
- SEC Reporting - Responsible for timely submission of required SEC filings (10K, 10Q, 8K).
o Gathers, organizes and maintain auditable records. Responds to questions from our auditors during their routine review of SEC filings.
o Stays current with SEC filing requirements.
o Assists senior management with understanding implications of changes to SEC requirements and develops plans to comply with such requirements.
o Assists with Sarbanes-Oxley compliance as it relates to SEC disclosures.
o Supports the efforts of the MPS Disclosure Committee.
o Coordinates activity with financial printers for EDGARization of SEC reports.
o Gathers management’s response and assists with drafting responses to any SEC Comment Letters received.
o Assists with Investor Relations, reporting of Section 16 officer transactions and for performing additional duties as assigned within the Accounting department (e.g. assisting with the monthly financial statement close, performing or reviewing account balance reconciliations, reviewing the performance of internal controls, etc.).
o Evaluates and ensures financial statements are in compliance with US GAAP
- Technical Accounting – Dedicates resources necessary toward the interpretation of complex accounting and tax rules.
o Assesses impact of proposed technical standards on MPS reporting practices and develops organizational disciplines necessary to apply standards when enacted.
o Remains current with regard to Intl. Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
o Leads and / or assists on corporate special projects as necessary
o On a monthly basis, assesses Black-Scholes assumptions and determine stock compensation costs
o Reconciles all expense pools for year-end reporting purposes
o Creates support for all necessary disclosures
o Along with the Director, Tax, responsible for accounting for income taxes
o Ensures internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes
o Assists with tax planning issues as required.
- CPA and 2-5 years SEC experience required
- Must have worked in an Accounting or Auditing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Word and intermediate knowledge of Excel.
- Must be able to multi-task.
Monolithic Power Systems - 17 months ago