SEC SENIOR ACCOUNTANT
Ready to leave Big4 or national public accounting and have a great career at an oilfield services company?!? This is a fantastic organization: they treat their employees well and promote within! You will be working with public accountants in a growing organization!! See more details below, or call us for more information at (713) 960-9898 or apply on-line at www.vacohouston.com .
The Financial Reporting Specialist will assist in the preparation of various financial statements, disclosures and associated calculations and documentation that are contained in and support the company's SEC filings.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting with a Big 4 firm.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting.
- Active CPA license.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Minimum Requirements for this position
- Assist with preparation of the Company's SEC filings, including the document drafting process, preparation of accounting calculations, compilation of supporting documentation, application of accounting and reporting rules and regulations and preparation of associated compliance checklists, etc.
- Perform analysis of accounting treatment and reporting impact of proposed transactions and operational decisions, and provide management with technical support and recommendations, as needed.
- Support the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to SEC reporting and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Monitor the publication of new US GAAP and SEC pronouncements and disclosure guidance to determine impact on the Company's financial accounting and reporting practices.
- Assist with coordination and administration of the Company's annual audit and quarterly reviews; liaison with auditors and Company personnel as necessary.
Monitor and manage the Company's compliance with internal controls over financial reporting.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of financial reports/surveys with governmental agencies.
- Perform financial analyses and special reports as needed.
- Experience in financial reporting (financial statement preparation, construction of footnote disclosures, etc.); in depth knowledge of US GAAP and those SEC rules and regulations pertaining to financial reporting, periodic filings and internal controls; and the ability to maintain (keep current) and apply such GAAP and SEC compliance knowledge in a rapidly changing regulatory environment
- Ability to gather and analyze data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the collective reporting process.
- Ability to research US GAAP/SEC guidance to determine proper accounting treatment and disclosure.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with varying priorities.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively across all levels of an organization.
- Team-oriented, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.