Range of $20.00 – 23.50 per hour based upon qualifications and experience.
If other work location
19010800-EG-FISCAL / PERSONNEL
19010800-EG-FISCAL / PERSONNEL
A highly responsible position that is split support for the Executive Director of Finance and Administration and the Human Resource Administrator in the College of Engineering; the individual will interact closely with key college administrators, Dean, Associate Deans, Chair and Directors of various units. This individual may also serve as a college liaison to the various levels within the university’s administrative departments/units and interacts with a broad spectrum of personalities. The incumbent will prepare reports/correspondence, retrieve, organize and disseminate information and will report directly to the Executive Director with in-direct supervision of the CRD 4, Administrative Services (HR Administrator).
The incumbent will be part of the College’s HR Shared Service.
50% – Serves as Assistant to the Executive Director of Finance and Administration in the College of Engineering:
• 25% Coordinates the day-to-day calendar; schedules and coordinates a variety of meetings, events and social gatherings. Prepares agendas and takes minutes at meetings as required. Manages the calendar of recurring reports, projects and various deadlines to anticipate and ensure deadlines and time commitments. Coordinates the overall relations of the Executive Director’s office with the Fiscal Officers, departments and centers in the College of Engineering; assists in the fulfillment of his/her responsibilities keeping him/her informed of the status and progress of on-going activities and serves as the representative in follow-up matters; serves as liaison and coordinates various activities with administrative staff, associate deans, department chairs, research center directors, faculty, staff and students relaying directives of matters pertaining to office operation.
• 15% Serve as receptionist for the Office and Finance and Administration, greet and announce visitors, answer and direct calls, field questions and disseminate information as appropriate.
• 10% Prepares and disseminates correspondence; prepares responses and/or drafts correspondence for review and signature most often of a confidential nature. Pulls various reports from PeopleSoft and generates Excel Spreadsheets and Pivot Tables on a monthly occurrence or as needed, and maintains the filing system.
50% Support to Human Resources:
• 25% Through coordination with the engineering departments HR Liaison’s and HR Administrator will assist in the recruitment and new hire process for Faculty, Post Doc and TEAMS ; ensure all appropriate documents are in order, e.g., COE Hiring Requests, Exemption and Waiver Requests, verify correct position number, post position/s in Gatorjobs as well as other appropriate advertising venues. Once hire is made prepare the appropriate Offer Letter and Start-up Commitment Letter for review by HR Manager, before gaining signature of Hiring Authority.
• 10% Collaborate with HR co-workers to provide support for Immigration Compliance, Level 1 approver for ePAF and payroll actions.
• 15% Maintain spreadsheet of various personnel action and financial projections, pull reports from PeopleSoft and generate monthly spreadsheet of various personnel data.
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Attainment of a score of at least 35 cwpm on an approved typing test.
Must interact professionally as a representative of the college and Office of Finance and Administration
Must maintain confidentiality with sensitive information.
Ability to make decisions and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Experience with PeopleSoft
Ability to use a variety of computer software programs, strong skills with Excel, pivot tables and Word
Ability to compile and analyze data
Knowledge of university HR policies and procedures, HR/Payroll PRO3 Certification
Knowledge and experience fiscal transactions, Fiscal Management PRO3 Certification
Skilled in PeopleSoft and Enterprise Reporting
Must be a team player and contribute positively
Must be able to juggle a variety of tasks and interact with two supervisors and determine priority and organize work to meet deadlines
Knowledge of office procedures and policies
Health Assessment Required:
Special instructions to applicants:
Open Until Filled: