Starting salary range will be: $18.20 – $19.87 hourly; Commensurate within this range based on education and experience.
Main Campus (Gainesville)
If other work location
This position directly supports three development officers for the College of Medicine, Office of Development and Alumni Affairs.
Essential Functions of the Job:
1. Provides clerical assistance to Senior Director, including prospect cultivation, donor stewardship, all business related e-mail and insures that records are properly documented.
2. Maintains appointments and calendar for Director and keeps the director abreast of daily, weekly, and monthly schedules. Assists with communication to prospects and donors.
3. Types correspondence, funding requests proposals and reports. Independently prepares standard correspondence and proposals from basic information provided. Initiates correspondence as necessary to insure the efficient and timely flow of information within the College of Medicine Alumni Affairs and Development Office.
4. Makes travel arrangements and secures necessary tickets and confirmations for both airline and automobile travel. Ensures compliance with all University of Florida and Florida Foundation regulations.
5. Receives, reads and screens incoming mail and dispatches items which can be handled personally. Forwards with appropriate background material and analysis. Must use judgment in sorting into action vs. general mail.
6. Assists the director in the administration of public relations activities. This could include attendance at special events.
7. Organizes and maintains alphabetical and chronological files and records of correspondence, reports and other materials.
8. Works with development officers in the implementation of fund raising mailing appeals for various departments of the College of Medicine. This includes the preparation of pledge forms and the compiling of data.
9. Assists with faxing for office. Includes informing staff when faxes have not been completed and when faxes are incoming.
1. Provides liaison through telephone, meetings, and personal contact with other departments/divisions throughout the University of Florida and the public. This public relations function requires not only an understanding of programs of the College of Medicine and the mission of this office, but also excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
2. Assists with receptions and other events related to development outreach. This entails guest lists and invitations, serving as host, post-event follow-up and publicity.
3. Works closely with development staff on major fund raising initiatives.
4. Manages the inventory control for the unit (storage) – with the assistance of student worker.
5. Other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Attainment of a score of at least 35 cwpm on an approved typing test.
A minimum of five years secretarial experience is preferred.
Displays good customer service skills and conducts business in a professional manner.
Must type a minimum of 35 cwpm using Microsoft Office; ability to handle a mutli-line telephone system; excellent verbal and written communication skills, will have extensive contact with constituents of the College of Medicine and the ability to communicate with others in the office.
A computer competency test is required.
Health Assessment Required:
Special instructions to applicants:
This is a repost of requisition number 0902675. Previous applicants are under consideration and need not apply.
This is a time-limited position.
If you are a Florida resident claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD-214 for consideration.
Open Until Filled:
University of Florida UFL - 8 months ago