ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB :
1. Serves as secretarial support to the Associate Vice President for Health Affairs, Administration and Associate Director, Med/Health Administration. Screens incoming calls for the AVP and other departmental staff and triages to appropriate person. Manages calendars for AVP and Associate Director, schedules appointments, and assists in organizing meetings (agendas, appropriate materials, food service as necessary). Provides clerical support using Microsoft Office software. Assists with travel arrangements as needed.
2. Receives and reviews all incoming communications. Works independently with campus-wide, Health Science Center, and community contacts to collect necessary information that serves as a basis for response. Transcribes rough drafts, edits and may independently drafts correspondence on behalf of the AVP and Associate Director for signature.
3. Working closely with Administrative Assistant, orders office supplies, initiates expense reports and travel authorizations for several SVPHA departments. Reconcile Purchasing Card transactions for self and other department staff and submit to Purchasing Card approver. Manage Aging Reports for Purchasing Card for self and other department staff. Prepare requisitions and purchase orders. Submit work orders as needed.
4. Performs duties as department Asset Contact Person, responsible for 100% accountability of capital assets, including annual inventory, surplus, transfers and other disposition. Assist the Associate Director with annual space inventory of SVPHA space assets.
5. Reserve public spaces and perform associated duties related to events, including forwarding alcohol request forms, confirming reservations and completion of forms, ensuring audio visual equipment is set up if needed, etc.
6. Assists the AVP and Associate Director with special projects, workloads or meeting deadlines and other duties as required.
A high school diploma and four years of appropriate experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Attainment of a score of at least 35 cwpm on an approved typing test.
University of Florida - 10 months ago