Work among the best. Academic medical centers like The University of Kansas Hospital are at medicine's frontier, providing more options and more hope to our patients. Employees in our administrative positions play a vital role to the success of the organization. Many times, these are the first people that our customers come in contact with, or are the people that our customers rely on to provide directions, medical or financial assistance or confide in for personal needs. As such we value your knowledge and interaction with the customer that enhances their overall experience at our hospital, and makes this a great place to work. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Secretary.
* Prepares reports, correspondence and departmental materials using a variety of office equipment and software programs.
* Schedules appointments and coordinates meeting arrangements.
* Answers department phones and provides appropriate information. Transfers calls as needed and takes accurate messages.
* Maintains department filing system.
* Maintains office supplies and equipment.
* High school diploma or GED.
* 1 year clerical experience.
* Excellent computer and organizational skills.
If scheduled for an interview, the candidate will be required to complete tests on Microsoft Office, Excel, office grammar and spelling.