Work among the best. At The University of Kansas Hospital, the Department of Information Technology Services is committed to providing the information required to support patient centered care in a technologically superior environment while safeguarding data integrity, security, and accessibility. The hospital offers very competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Security Engineer in Information Technology Services.
· Prepares and maintains all guidelines, standards, and procedures to ensure that authorized persons have timely access to computerized information, while safeguarding the information confidentiality and security.
· Develops and recommends Hospital departmental policies to support standard security and confidentiality guidelines, documents current, and future system states.
· Assists in incident response team duties.
· Acts as the single point of contact for all electronic security matters within Hospital Information Systems.
· Receives and processes all security requests submitted by customers for access to any Hospital Information System resource including email, network, remote, and application systems.
· Provides input for strategic planning relative to security and confidentiality as part of the Hospital Information Systems strategic and tactical planning process.
· Administer and support Hospital firewalls, and VPN concentrators.
· Develop, maintain, and support enterprise anti-virus and vulnerability management systems.
· Demonstrates the ability to develop, improve maintain and monitor system security auditing processes.
· Demonstrates an aptitude and ability to analyze, create, and implement solutions for issues relative to security and confidentiality, including risk assessment, procedure change, hardware and/or software acquisition.
· Share after hours support rotation for Information Technology security functions.
· High school diploma and Certification(s) or Technical School or two years direct experience in some field of Information Systems required.
· Associates degree with strong MIS or Computer Science preferred.
· Three to five years of experience in computer security is preferred.