POSITION OVERVIEW |
- Performs routine safety and security functions to ensure the safety of our patients, visitors, staff , physicians and physical plant. Performs investigations as directed by the director, administration, or designee.
- High School diploma or GED.
- 3 - 5 years work experience in related field preferred (law enforcement, military or security management).
- Previous healthcare security experience preferred.
- Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
- Must have keen sense of responsibility, ability to make decisions, and work independently.
- Must have good judgment.
- Must have basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to interact effectively with the public.
- Must be able to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to assist with patient handling (lifting) as needed.
- Must have the ability to de-escalate potential violent situations.
- Prefer Basic Security Officer Certification through International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS).
Culpeper Regional Hospital - 11 months ago
Culpeper Regional Hospital is a general medical and surgical hospital in Culpeper, VA