The Security Officer I provides for the security of Dameron Hospital patients, staff, medical staff, vendors, and all other visitors while on Dameron Hospital property as well as the security of all Dameron Hospital assets. This is accomplished through performing security functions including patrol, dispatch, and patient sitter operations. Must be able to perform this job in all patient care and operational areas subject to reasonable accommodations. Must participate in the Respiratory Protection Program, which may include the wearing of a respirator.
This position requires excellent communications skills, including written and spoken English. Additionally, this position requires an intermediate level of computer skills.
- 1-3 years of experience in a security role in a hospital environment preferred.
- Alternatively, 1-5 years experience in a security role in a corporate or commercial security environment preferred.
- Security Guard Card from California BSIS must be obtained prior to first day of work
- Certified Healthcare Security Officer from IAHSS must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- BLS/CPR within 90 days of employment
- FRO within 180 days of employment