Scheduler of Contract Security officers.
Is responsible for establishing, maintaining and reviewing work schedules for hourly and trailer sites. Communicates with branch manager, supervisors, recruiters, rovers and post commanders; maintaining accurate availability lists. Also assists with general branch office HR, including recruiting, employee relations, new hire orientation and special projects.
PAY RATE: $14.50 - $16.00 / HR
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Not limited to)
keep overtime to a minimum; resolves staffing issues and problems as directed by the branch manager.
- Schedules security officers, rovers and supervisors at client sites; manages the scheduling process to optimize operating results and to
responds to emergency situations, call-offs, no-call no-shows, and absences to make sure client sites have coverage; acts as call in center.
- Maintains site coverage at all times; tracks requests for time off including vacation and personal leave requests to ensure site coverage;
and corrects discrepancies; interfaces with payroll department to make corrections.
- Ensures that accurate timekeeping, payroll, and billing data is posted in the automated resource system; verifies billing and payroll reports
in resolving scheduling, training, billing and payroll problems.
- Maintains current knowledge of site requirements, security officer training, availability and time worked, and client exclusion list.
- Coordinates scheduling changes with branch manager, supervisors, and staff; serves as a liaison with clients and branch manager and staff
time, with HR recruiters and identifies staffing needs in a proactive manner.
- Ensures that an adequate on call security force is available to cover vacancies created by absences and call-offs. Communicates ahead of
manager for review and sign-off. HR/Scheduler to send logs via overnight mail to Gardena the same day. May on occasion review and
- Briefs and provides documentation to all supervisors on changes to posted schedules and new security officer schedules.
- Verify each Monday morning that on-call response logs received. Must reconcile with Vision time records. Logs to be provided to branch
approve logs in absence of the branch manager.
- Responsible for staffing all jobs and does not turn down any jobs and displays a positive, willing attitude when staffing jobs at the last
for keeping OT to a minimum and identifying any irregularities in schedules/hours, etc…
- Scheduler should review the various Vision repots to ensure the appropriate DL percentages are being followed. Schedulers are responsible
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: (Not limited to)
ensuring that all guards, at the same site, are paid the same rate.
- Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Scheduler understands that the hourly wage of the officers is determined by the customer’s bill rate. The scheduler is responsible for
- Payroll audits
- Availability logs to be sent to dispatch on a daily basis.
- Interface between operations, HR, and sales in developing and executing a weekly forecast based on input from the sales force.
- Assists the Human Resources Assistant with general branch office HR, including recruiting, employee relations, new hire orientation and
- High school diploma plus 2 years college. Previous Security Industry experience preferred
- At least 2 years of scheduling experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Human Resources experience a plus. HR Certification preferred
- Must read, write and speak English. Being multi-lingual/bilingual is a plus.
- Must have strong verbal, problem-solving and follow-up skills; and the ability to coordinate and perform several tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A highly organized and detail-oriented professional who can work independently.
- A strong and clear writer, able to quickly and articulately prepare clear and appropriate correspondence and reports.
- Excellent computer skills. Highly proficient at Vision, MSWord, Excel, with the ability to learn programs quickly.
- Must be a team player -- works well with others; understands the role each person plays in the organization and seeks assistance when
set by the company.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet the requirements set forth in the Auto Safety.
- May be required to hold and continue to meet the requirements for any applicable license for Security Officers.
- Maintaining composure in dealing with executives, clients, staff and the public.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to function in a fast-paced environment, under substantial time pressure, and to perform under the demands
o Occasional walking, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling.
- Ability to perform the general duties and responsibilities set forth above in a consistent and efficient manner.
- Ability, on a consistent basis, to perform work activities requiring cooperation, instruction, persuasion, and/or speaking with others.
- Physical requirements:
o Regular talking and hearing.
o Hearing sufficient to communicate with team member, clients, and outside resources.
o Close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
Eyesight sufficient to read, write and operate equipment essential to this position.
Must have manual dexterity to manage telephones and computer equipment simultaneously and with respect to other duties.
Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
Must be able to maintain visual acuity and alertness for long periods of time.
Must have the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions described.
CPS Security Solutions - 10 months ago