The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power . That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do .
IF APPLICABLE : Military service member's "Statement of Service" will be accepted up to 120 days prior to separation date IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The "Statement of Service" must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the Type of Discharge and Character of Service (i.e. honorable).
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
This is a Centrally Managed position in the Security Career Field
Incumbent is subject to initial and periodic drug testing
Incumbent must obtain/maintain a Top Secret security clearance
Salary Ranges shown do not include local market supplement
Duties for the Professional work category are at the Full Performance work level, and are equivalent to those at the GS/GG 12.
The organizational location is: AFISRA FO SO00, LACKLAND AFB TX
MAJOR DUTIES: SECURITY SPECIALIST
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
- Serves as the Agency expert on compartmented programs (those highly classified and extremely sensitive programs which require close and accountable control of access to program material, as well as close and accountable control of the personnel who have access to the material).
- Provides technical guidance, advice, assistance, and support concerning compartmented program activities to Air Force related activities in the San Antonio area.
- Responsible for the security, control, use, and dissemination of TK, GAMMA, and HCS material, and related security education programs.
- Functions as the HQ AF ISR Agency TCO.
- Coordinates with OPM, HQ USAF and SAF/AA on issues impacting the SCI personnel security adjudication program.
Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the GG-11 qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS) or other pay systems. Equivalent experience may be at the level of the lowest GS grade covered by the applicable pay band; however, the experience must demonstrate your ability to apply the knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA'S) to successfully perform the duties of the position being filled. Such experience is typically gained in the Security field or through the performance of work where the primary concern is Security. The employing agency is responsible for defining the specialized experience based on the requirements of the position being filled. Examples of creditable experience may include: Knowledge of OPM, DoD and National Security Agency, National Reconnaissance Office, and AFISRA security concepts, principles, practices, policies, directives and programs for managing SCI physical security programs.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of OPM, DoD and National Security Agency, National Reconnaissance Office, and AFISRA security concepts, principles, practices, policies, directives and programs for managing SCI physical security programs..
2. Knowledge of SCI security management principles, policies, and programs for managing an AFISRA-wide security programs, to include knowledge for required security training concepts, programs, procedures, and practices to assist managers in establishing and operating personnel/polygraph security programs.
3. Knowledge of information, industrial, and personnel security concepts, principles, and practices to plan and implement security programs in these areas.
4. Knowledge of analytical and evaluative methods and techniques to conduct surveys/studies, accomplish projects, and evaluate results for the management and organization of various program activities and tasks and be familiar with administrative requirements of AFISRA.
5. Skill in developing, analyzing, and evaluating security programs to meet mission requirements and improve the security program for AFISRA-wide organizations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts to support your educational claims. Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
FOREIGN EDUCATION: Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
1. This position is in the excepted service authorized by Title 10 I.S.C. and covered by the Defense Civilian Intelligence Management System (DCIPS). The employee must also sign a Statement of Understanding prior to occupying a DCIPS position.
2. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
3. This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
4. The incumbent may be required to work other than normal duty hours that may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays to include overtime and workload demands.
5. The employee may be required to travel in military and/or commercial aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
Your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
To determine if you are qualified for this position, your resume will be reviewed and compared to your responses to the assessment questionnaire. Applicants, who disqualify themselves, will not be evaluated further.
Benefits of Working for the Federal Government - Click here for an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may be used.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
DIRECT DEPOSIT : All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
usajobs.gov - 9 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to deliver sovereign options for the defense of the United States of America and its global in...