Who We Are
HowAboutWe is the modern love company. We help people
fall in love and stay in love.
We're a well-funded ($18.5mm), rapidly-growing startup with headquarters in
Brooklyn, NY. We build breathtaking products that transform people’s lives.
You can read more about us here .
We have three main products:
Who You Are
You love SEM and online advertising in general. You sometimes dream about AdWords Editor, and you can’t wait to read PPC blogs when you wake up in the morning. As a thinker, you are both creative and analytical. You are innovative and fanatical about details. You are self-motivated and a terrific collaborator. You have an intense desire to be constantly learning and contributing to the success of the team and the company
- HowAboutWe Dating is the offline dating site.
Members post date ideas, connect, and meet - offline.
- HowAboutWe for Couples helps couples have wonderful
experiences together. Members choose from our curated collection of
one-of-a-kind experiences for two; we take care of all the booking. It’s
the must-have membership for the modern couple.
- The Date Report provides engaging, entertaining and enlightening content
about dating and relationships.
You will be the SEM channel manager responsible for both strategy & execution. You will be working as part of an experienced multi-channel advertising team that is tackling an exciting challenge: continuing to grow a national Dating brand, trailblazing a path for a nascent Couples product, and figuring out how to advertise the two in tandem to get double the bang for our advertising buck.
Your goal will be to scale our ROI+ spend in search & the GDN, including:
As our SEM manager, you will be building out a long-term testing roadmap and syncing with the team weekly on overall strategy and progress. You’ll create and manage a production calendar that includes reporting on performance, SQR mining, ad copy/landing page tests, geo/demo/day part analysis, etc. For much of this, you’ll create an Excel dashboard that allows you to marry AdWords/Bing data with our backend data, and then slice it in many different ways to unearth key optimizations.
- Optimizing & growing our Dating search & GDN efforts, which have a 3-year history and are a major contributor to our overall ROI.
- Building out our Couples search & GDN efforts, which have a 6-month history.
- Ramping our GDN retargeting efforts for Dating and Couples, including testing new ad copy and landing pages for users at different steps in the funnel.
- Scaling mobile efforts within Dating search, driving traffic to our iphone/ipad/android apps
- Scaling MSN spend while maintaining a positive ROI - this has been historically difficult due to geo-targeting limitations.
The Ideal Candidate
- Managing all our Google and Bing/Yahoo ad spend across both Dating and Couples accounts, working closely with the rest of the direct marketing team to achieve monthly/quarterly goals.
- Leveraging data to look at every possible angle to improve performance – demographics, geographies, day parts, networks, placements, match types, etc.
- Developing the testing and production roadmap, including ad copy / landing page split tests, keyword expansion, quality score analysis, SQR mining, etc.
- Making recommendations for what ad copy, banners, and landing pages would improve performance.
- Managing bids across several large accounts to effectively increase ROAS.
- Maintaining efficient account structure as we continue to scale nationally and expand internationally.
- Researching, evaluating, and advocating for tools that will help you make our ad spend more efficient.
- Has worked 1-4 years managing paid search and GDN on a company’s direct marketing team or at an agency, and has demonstrated success growing ad spend substantially while decreasing CPAs.
- Has extensive experience with A/B testing. Thorough understanding of basic statistics is a plus.
- Is competent with Excel, including pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs, index-match, etc. VBA experience is a plus.
- Has basic MySQL experience or is super excited to learn.
- Sees the big picture in terms of the company’s direct marketing goals, understands how SEM fits in, and is eager to take on more responsibility over time.
- Is very self-sufficient and resourceful, and not bashful about voicing ideas and reaching out for second opinions on big decisions.
This position is for full-time employment on-site in our office in
DUMBO. We will support relocation for the right candidates.
- Competitive Salaries and Stock Options — We pay highly competitive salaries in addition to significant stock options.
- Continued Learning — We'll pay for team members to attend conferences and get coaching to continue learning their craft
- Health Insurance, Vision, and Dental — Exceptional Health Benefits.
- Ten Paid Holidays — Our office closes for all standard paid holidays.
- Fifteen PTO Days — We encourage all team members to take vacation and recharge.
- Food & Drink — Stocked fridge, some team meals, etc.
To apply please first check out our site and make sure you love our
work and want to contribute to it. Then please send a resume and
cover letter to Aaron Stein, Director of User Acquisition at