This just in--read what all the fuss is about:|
How are new employees are describing TakeLessons?
Dynamic. Fun. Collaborative. Fast-paced. Exciting. Team-oriented. Fluid. Never a dull moment.
Are you looking for an awesome place to work that allows you to think outside the box? A company that believes in constant and never-ending improvement all the while being respectful to others? Where strategic thinking, bold ideas, solving challenging problems, making a huge impact, and flawless execution are expected and supported?
If this sounds like an environment in which you’ll thrive, please read on…
What will I be responsible for?
What education, skills and experience do I need to be considered for this role?
- Create, implement and execute on the overall marketing strategy and vision for the company
- Manage the day-to-day operations and functions of the department
- Recruit, manage, mentor, motivate and retain direct reports
- Other duties as assigned or required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience
- MBA Preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of marketing experience--including transactional marketing--with an emphasis on Internet marketing (Brand and Direct Response)
- Minimum of 5 years of people management/supervisory experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the consumer internet marketplace industry and the ability to continuously evaluate trends and adjust strategy to compensate and take advantage of shifts
- Experience with online marketing such as content marketing, SEM and social media
- Technical skills in strategic planning and marketing, business and market development, market research and branding
- Working knowledge of personal services and ways to leverage technology to drive more customers and produce a better service for our users
The Search Engine Marketing (SEM) Manager will be responsible for planning, optimizing, implementing and analyzing paid search engine marketing and online media buying activities. The SEM Manager will be responsible for managing both keyword and display advertising arrays across a variety of vertical markets.
- Act as a strong business manager of the search engine marketing channel. Manage the P/L of the channel by tracking, reporting, and analyzing all PPC initiatives and campaigns; responsible for forecasting and budgeting of channel.
- Create an associated keyword expansion roadmap, working with the Product team to develop relevant landing page content.
- Manage the day-to-day search marketing activities across multiple search engines (AdWords, adCenter, etc.) including the campaign planning, implementation, budget management, performance review, and optimization of paid search campaigns.
- Responsibilities include keyword research (discovery and expansion), review and editing of creative copy (titles and descriptions), review and analysis of web site performance metrics, and optimization of campaigns.
- Grow and optimize our keywords portfolio through testing (A/B and Multivariate) with ad copy, landing pages, bidding strategies, negative keywords, etc.
- Develop short and long-term PPC campaign strategies, roadmaps and execute day-to-day tactics that increase CTR, conversion and revenue.
- Identify and report on key performance indicators and opportunities for improvement on a regular basis.
- Drive continued innovation and best practice implementation, regularly sharing your knowledge with the marketing team and stakeholders.
- Integrate strategies and recommendations into other active marketing channels such as Email Marketing, Social Media and Partner Channels.
- Expand Remarketing efforts through Facebook Exchange and Google Analytics, and identify new channels moving forward.
- Collaborate with supply-side to establish a national SEM strategy in targeted regions that match inventory at a zip-code level
- Stay current with new advances in search engine marketing, competitive landscape, and keyword research.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Business or Marketing Degree preferred
5+ years’ experience managing paid search and display advertising programs
What is it like to work at TakeLessons?
- Requires hands-on knowledge of best practices in SEM and a proven track-record of delivering qualified traffic from both an acquisition and conversion standpoint.
- Experience managing SEM campaigns nationally - in targeting customers in specific geographies, demographic categories, and time zones.
- Deep understanding of online media and how to set up, measure, monitor, adjust, and report results.
- Exceptional copy writing and editorial skills.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to drive meaningful actions from large data sets.
- Proficiency in MS Office - especially Excel
- Fundamental knowledge and experience with web analytical tools and interfaces, i.e. Omniture, Webtrends, Site Catalyst. Google Analytics is required.
- Experience using AdWords Editor and Bing Ads Editor.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
- An organized individual with great attention to detail and focus on quality of results.
- A self-motivated individual; a good team player.
- Takes accountability and ownership of his/her own work.
Benefits and Culture
- Fast-paced and fluid start-up environment
- Dynamic and fast-growing business
- Focused on getting things done
- Hardworking teams having fun along the way
- Goal-oriented and numbers driven
TakeLessons offers a variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision; Paid Time Off (PTO); Holidays; and discounted music lessons.
Further details about the role will be shared if you are selected for an interview.
To learn more about our culture, please visit http://kareer.me/discover/takelessons
Reply to: http://hire.jobvite.com/j/?bj=oJejXfwX&s=Company-Wide_Email
- All applicants must apply online
- Requisition ID #79
- No phone calls or agencies please
- Sponsorship not available
- May consider relocation for viable applicants
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds
TakeLessons - 15 months ago