MSPCC (Massachusetts Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) is one of the largest outpatient Medicaid mental health treatment providers in Massachusetts. Through our Family Counseling Centers, MSPCC offers a comprehensive array of mental health treatment to nearly 16,000 children and adults throughout Massachusetts each year. Both in the home and in community-based centers, MSPCC addresses the needs and concerns of families of diverse backgrounds with a culturally-diverse staff, bilingual services, cultural understanding and more.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and Finance and 2+ years of experience in related field. Strong knowledge of GAAP and general ledger account reconciliation skills. Experience in Solomon and strong Microsoft Excel skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Experience in software conversions and upgrades a plus.
- Manage information flow and related journal entries for the month, quarter and year-end close processes.
- Responsible for, in conjunction with Controller, monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Monthly profit and loss variance analysis and bullet points as directed by Controller and/or CFO.
- In collaboration with Controller, establish/review/improve month end close procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate written documentation exists for all procedures utilized in completing close and audit processes.
- Responsible for communicating with all external auditors as pertains to general ledger and financial reporting.
- Responsible for distribution of management reporting to all levels of management.
- Fill a leadership roll within the finance area through training, coaching, mentoring staff as well as line-managers.
- Collaborate with other managers to review/assess/improve and/or establish finance driven processes.
- Perform other reasonable duties as directed by supervisor