After nearly a century of protecting people and building futures, Pekin Insurance is dedicated to go beyond. Beyond the expected®. Our rule is golden: Give our customers what we would want ourselves. Give them service that goes the extra mile and products that meet both today’s need as well as tomorrow’s. Give our customers the financial stability that provides what we all want in today’s world: peace of mind.
Pekin Insurance is one of the top Property & Casualty insurance companies in the United States and ranks 111th out of 3,000 companies which puts us in the top 4% of Property & Casualty insurance companies in the nation. Pekin Insurance also ranks 140th out of 900 Life insurance companies in the nation—making Pekin Life in the top 16%. In the Midwest, Pekin Insurance boasts more than 850,000 policyholders and offers a broad portfolio of products sold by an independent agency force.
Our over 700 Home Office and Service Office employees lead by example in a team-effort environment where each member takes part in the decision-making process, while remaining committed to going Beyond the expected® in all their endeavors.
For more information, visit www.pekininsurance.com
Senior Actuarial Analyst
This position is responsible for performing actuarial analysis in the Property and Casualty pricing area. Primary responsibility will be to complete rate reviews on assigned lines.
• Perform predictive modeling analysis on both personal and commercial lines.
• Provide actuarial analysis with minimal supervision.
• Communicate rate changes for implementation with Underwriting and IT.
• Train employees on new techniques performed in analysis.
• Provide filing support if necessary on rate changes.
• Recommend pricing strategies to Management.
• Assume the responsibility of more complicated projects.
• Assist P&C actuary with creating best practices for Actuarial department.
• Other projects as assigned by P&C Actuary.
Education/Skills and Experience:
• Minimum 4 CAS exams for a senior level in lieu of ACAS.
• Minimum of 2 years actuarial experience required.
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, actuarial science, or related business field.
• Experience using SAS or other statistical software.
• Experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and SQL.
• Works within a normal office environment and extensively with a personal computer. Travel and overtime required occasionally.
• Visual ability sufficient to read computer displays for long periods of time.
• Required to sit for long periods of time.
• Speaking and hearing ability sufficient to carry on a conversation with other individuals in person and over the telephone.
• Health, Dental & Vision Plan
• 401(k) with company match
• Flexible spending account
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vacation Time and Paid Holiday
• Life Insurance
• Long-Term Disability Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discounts on Auto and Homeowners policies
• On-Site Café
Pekin Insurance - 15 months ago
WE SELL PROTECTION AND HELP BUILD FUTURES. AT PEKIN INSURANCE, WE PROVIDE PEACE OF MIND AND LONG-TERM SECURITY FOR OUR POLICYHOLDERS,...