OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND QUALIFIED LACOE EMPLOYEES
The Los Angeles County Office of Education
Is dedicated to equal employment opportunity and fosters a workforce that embraces and reflects the rich diversity of Los Angeles County.
Senior Application Developer
$6032 to $7473 Monthly
Your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
To learn more, visit: www.lacoe.edu
Online applications must be submitted by:
5:00 P.M. (Pacific)
Public Employee’s Retirement System
Defined Benefit 2.5% @ 55
Paid Time Off:
24 days vacation.
14 holidays. 12 illness days.
ONLY online and completed supplemental applications will be accepted.
The eligibility list will expire 6 months from the time established.
The Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE) is currently seeking an experienced individual to work under general direction, and participate in the design, development, deployment and support of highly complex, large-scale applications utilizing client server, internet/intranet, and mainframe technologies. This position participates in studies for systems development and revisions of systems for business or educational applications. This position also develops solutions to identified systems needs and problems, and prepares systems specifications for new or revised computer systems applications. Additionally, this position evaluates and integrates new technologies into computer applications.
The Well Qualified Candidate…
Project management techniques, including work planning, scheduling, measurement, and reporting; principles, concepts and techniques of feasibility studies, cost benefit analyses, systems studies , and the preparation of budget projections
- Principles and techniques of systems analysis and Object Oriented Design for computerized applications
- Programming frameworks such as the Microsoft.NET platforms utilizing IDE’s such as Visual Studio.NET
- Multiple operating systems such as Windows, Unix, and Linux; expertise in relational databases such as MS SQL Server, DB2, and Oracle as well as related skills such as SQL, ODBC, and stored procedures
- Concepts of the IBM mainframe operating systems including MVS and Z/OS
- Data warehousing BI and ETL tools and other network technologies
- Relational database
For a complete job description go to www.personnelcommission.com
- Utilize UML or other application design methodology to model applications analyze and evaluate complex information processing problems
- Define requirements documents working with end users
- Apply new technologies in order to best meet customer needs
- Troubleshoot and debug production problems
- Mentor, lead, and evaluate subordinate programming personnel
- Communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- Stay current in the field of information systems and related technology
- Prepare clear, concise, logical reports and technical specifications
- Effectively manage projects
- Prioritize tasks with respect to importance and deadlines
- Work with minimal supervision in a team environment
Required Education and Experience (must be met by 11/21/2012)
Education : Three years of development with hand-on experience in C#, ASP.net and .NET technologies, HTML and client-side Java script, CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) in large-scale systems with n-tier and / or client-server architecture and hands-on experience in Microsoft SQL Server programming including stored procedures and database design in large-scale systems with n-tier and / or client-server architecture.
Experience : A bachelor’s degree with major coursework in computer science, business administration, or a closely related field from an institution of higher learning accredited by a regional accrediting organization recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation. Additional experience may be substituted for education lacking on a year for year basis up to a maximum of two years. Microsoft Certification is desirable but not required.
Additional Requirements : Additional experience may be substituted for education lacking on a year for year basis up to a maximum of two years.
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements above, will be invited to participate in an examination consisting of
Training & Experience evaluation (T&E), Performance and Technical Oral Interview exam. The first part will be T&E. Successful candidates will advance to Performance and Technical Oral Interview exam. The eligibility list will expire 6 months from the time established.
For additional information on our selection procedures please visit Exam Preparation on our website. Selection and promotion are based on a competitive examination process. Candidates who pass all exam parts are ranked according to overall exam score and placed on an eligibility (hiring) list. Vacant positions are filled from the top three ranks. Eligibility lasts for 6 months; however, additional recruitment may occur under a separate bulletin with additional candidates being merged onto the eligibility list. Some positions that involve public contact may require bilingual proficiency for which selective certification may apply (Education Code 45277.5 ). In addition, the eligibility list resulting from this examination may be used to fill vacancies in related job classifications for which no eligibility list exists (Education Code 45272). Veterans’ Credit may be awarded for entry jobs.
Reasonable accommodations in completing an application and testing are available to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request an accommodation, please call (562) 803-8360 as early as possible.
To apply, click on the “Apply” link at the top of this page.
1) Create a User ID and password if you haven’t already done so. 2) Log in. 3) Create or update your MASTER Profile. 4) Complete the QuestionNaire(s) if provided. 5) Submit the application.
Resumes are not accepted in place of a completed application nor will they be reviewed as part of the examination process. Diploma and degree verification (including equivalency of foreign degrees) must be submitted in the form of a copy of your diploma or transcripts. Foreign degree verification may be required and will be the responsibility of the applicant. Educational documentation may be scanned and included with your online application or brought at the last examination part.
Complete applications for this job must be submitted before the end of the announced deadline date unless an extended deadline is shown on the website for this opportunity.
LACOE Personnel Commission, 9300 Imperial Hwy, EC-Annex, Downey, CA 90242
Phone: 562.803.8360 -- Contact: 562.803.8360 -- (M-F 8:00am–5:00pm)
For complete application information, please go to www.personnelcommission.com
This examination is authorized as Open to the Public
Recruitment ID: 13-358
This announcement does not constitute an implied contract. Any part of this announcement is subject to change.
Los Angeles County Office of Education - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard