SENIOR CLINICAL INFORMATICIST
Location: Methodist Health System
Department: Information Services
The primary purpose of the Senior Clinical Informaticist position is to lead the team of clinical informaticists in use of evidence based medicine and informatics tools to develop clinical protocols, physician documentation templates and decision support rules in conjunction and consensus with physicians and the needs of the quality reporting.
Bachelor’s degree in healthcare informatics. Equivalent work experience can replace the educational requirement. Masters or doctorate in informatics strongly preferred.
Licenses and/or Certifications (Required and Preferred):
Graduate from accredited school of nursing or other allied health professional degree.
Related Work Experience and Other Skills:
Highly preferred to have experience with one or more of the following vendor applications:
- This position requires extensive exposure to clinical protocol development and contorting
- 3-5 years of experience implementing and supporting electronic record applications is preferred.
- Prior clinical work experience and management experience strongly preferred.
- Epic, Cerner, McKesson, Siemens, Eclypsis or other Acute care CPOE and clinical documentation system
- Zynx or other evidence based medicine order set libraries
- Project management experience
- A high level of analytical ability is required to find solutions for using Meditech CPOE and clinical documentation to improve the quality and safety of patient care..
- Very strong interpersonal skills are needed to communicate with physicians and drive consensus amongst physicians, nursing, pharmacy and other stakeholders in protocol development.
- Maintains a professional approach in all situations.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and business information.
- Must be able travel to the different hospital sites to conduct meetings
- Availability to travel occasionally.
A. Demonstrates ability to manage many jobs at one time, balancing resources, priorities, deadlines and time. The work is highly technical and the incumbent is often required to work independently. Demonstrates ability to personally complete all aspects of a project.
B. Understands and is able to articulate user needs and problems and determines feasibility of solutions. Uses clinical knowledge and hospital experience to assist in supporting clinical applications. May be called upon as a technical resource for other project teams.
C. Communicates with project leaders, other analysts, clinical leadership and users to develop system requirements and solutions
D. Develops clinical protocols and documentation specifications using evidence based medicine through consensus building with physicians and other clinical departments.
E. Develops and performs a feedback loop for assessing effectiveness of protocols and updates that may be needed
F. Mentors team members as necessary, and informs leadership team of all events pertaining to the operations of assigned applications and projects
G. Maintains current, detailed system documentation for assigned applications
H. Strives to achieve accurate, reliable, and timely service
I. Other duties as assigned
Methodist Health System - 15 months ago
Why does a career at Methodist Health System outshine the others? To start with, we truly value our employees and we show it by offering...