The Contra Costa County Health Services Department is recruiting qualified individuals to fill two vacant Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientist positions. The positions will be assigned to the Contra Costa Regional Medical Center located in Martinez, California.
Senior Clinical Laboratory Scientists provide work direction to other clinical scientists in the performance of bacteriology, chemistry, hematology, and transfusion services and analyses and assist in the training and development of newly hired clinical scientists. They also perform the more difficult and non-standard laboratory tests and analyses, conduct technical research work, and recommend new or modified procedural and qualitative techniques. In addition, they assist in calibrating instruments, ordering supplies and equipment, and scheduling work and setting work priorities.
The employment list established from this examination may remain in effect for six (6) months.
- Conducts various tests, or directs other scientists and technicians, in the specialty areas of bacteriology, chemistry, hematology and transfusion services; performs the more difficult and non-standard laboratory tests and analyses
- Conducts technical research work as required
- Assists in the training and development of new scientists and technicians and reviews the accuracy of their work
- Verifies and recommends new procedures and equipment
- Assists in the scheduling of work, setting of work priorities and the conduct of required laboratory tests
- Reviews technical journals and quality control standards to meet all State, Federal and other regulatory agencies regulations
- Provides and promotes customer service for all internal and external customers
- Orders laboratory supplies and equipment and monitors budgetary expenditures
- Meets with hospital staff, vendors, technical representatives, private physicians or the general public
- Acts for the Supervising Clinical Laboratory Scientist in the latter's absence
Candidates must possess and maintain throughout the duration of employment a valid license as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist issued by the California State Department of Public Health.
Two (2) years of full-time (or the equivalent of full-time) experience as a licensed scientist in a clinical laboratory performing varied clinical tests and analyses.
Prior to employment, a background investigation will be conducted on all candidates. Fingerprints will be taken.
1. Application Filing:
2. Application Evaluation:
3. Oral Interview: