CARE is seeking a Senior Communications Officer to generate visibility for CARE’s work and initiatives, enhance the organization’s reputation and communicate with impact. S/he performs a variety of activities in support of media relations, from digging for information inside CARE to developing communications materials. The position has a special focus on emergencies. The Senior Communications Officer must be prepared for deployment to CARE’s emergency responses in support of communications. S/he is responsible for developing materials for use around disaster anniversaries and other emergency-focused efforts.
- Media relations
- Emergency communications
- Media monitoring and measurement
- Partner communications
- College degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations
- At least three years in media or public relations positions
- Strong English language written and oral communications skills
- Well organized in high paced environment
- Internship or higher education in media-communications
- At least five years in media or public relations positions
- Experience in emergency settings
- Second language, preferably French, Spanish or Arabic
- Knowledge of photo, video, social media
About CARE: CARE is one of the world's largest independent aid organizations providing emergency relief and development projects in 69...