The Lead Datacenter Administrator works under the direct supervision of the Technical Support Manager, and is responsible for the operation, maintenance, and reporting for datacenter and production related facilities and systems. Provides technical leadership, and has assigned supervisory duties of instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of assigned Datacenter and Network Operations Centers employees.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
1. Six (6) year's experience in Technical Support of which three (3) year's experience in planning, configuration, deployment and support of datacenter infrastructure and computer production processes; and
2. Graduation from an accredited College with an Associate's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related Computer Degree; OR
3. Four (4) year's experience in Technical Support of which three (3) year's experience in planning, configuration, deployment and support of datacenter infrastructure and computer production processes; and
4. Graduated from an accredited College or University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related Computer Degree; or
5. Equivalent combination of education,training (including the planning, configuration, deployment and support of datacenter infrastructure and computer production processes which require operation, maintenance, and reporting datacenter and production related facilities and system results), and/or experience is required.
6. (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED)
1. Must pass Local and National NCIC Criminal Investigative Reports.
2. Must be on-call as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reviews industry disaster preparedness and recovery methods, and provide input and recommendation to Information Technology Services disaster planning.
2. Executes RFP processes, evaluate RFP responses, and provide purchase recommendations.
3. Supervises the operation and maintenance of the datacenters, including their electrical, cooling, fire suppression, security, equipment mounting, and other network and server support infrastructures.
4. Designs and supervises modifications to the datacenters and their support systems.
5. Oversees the Network Operations Center (NOC) shift supervisors, and insure that the NOC has sufficient resources to perform assigned functions and meet HP-NonStop production schedule requirements.
6. Oversees the administration and operation of the HP-NonStop systems, and assist developers and other support staff is resolving complex system issues.
7. Develops, writes and administers standards and procedures associated with implementation and support of datacenter technologies, to include best practices for high availability power, cooling, security, monitoring and reporting.
8. Develops, writes, and administers standards and procedures for the installation, monitoring, and problem solving of system and application environments.
9. Supervises the monitoring of systems performance and function, the dissemination of alert and fault indicators, and the development and implementation of pro-active reporting.
10. Supervises the administration of the installation of all computing equipment in the datacenters.
11. Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills in all work efforts with customers, management, and staff.
12. Provides high level of project planning/scheduling and supervision of project teams through use of coaching, training, and evaluations.
13. Prioritize and manage multiple projects effectively, while meeting aggressive deadlines.
14. Assists in budget recommendations to management.
15. Assists in future needs analysis for acquisition.
16. Assists in presenting to management recommendations related to purchasing and installing hardware and software.
17. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. In-depth knowledge of and experience with datacenter support infrastructure (including APC InfraStuXure, APC Symmetra, APC DX In-row Cooling, fire suppression, EPO, and security).
2. Knowledge of generators and related backup power equipment.
3. In-depth knowledge of and experience with information technology batch cycles and processes.
4. In-depth knowledge of and experience with data backup, cataloging, and restore practices.
5. Experienced with SolarWinds Orion configuration, operation, and reporting (NPM, APM, NCM, UDT).
6. Knowledge of PCI-DSS datacenter requirements.
7. Extensive experience with host operating system environments, especially HP-NonStop Guardian and related system components (Safeguard, TMF, Pathway, VHS, NS-SQL, ODBC, Expand).
8. Experience with HP-NonStop S-Series systems hardware and related components.
9. Advanced ability to write and debug scripts (Guardian TACL, Linux/Unix shell).
10. Advanced ability to communicate both orally and in writing.
11. Advanced knowledge of computer systems monitoring and troubleshooting concepts.
12. Advanced ability to write reports and routine business correspondence.
13. Advanced ability to develop and maintain clear and concise documentation and procedures.
14. Advanced interpersonal and communication skills.
15. Ability to supervise, schedule, and coordinate the work efforts of multiple teams involved in datacenter and production services activities.
16. Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline oriented work environment.
160 N. Main Avenue, Suite #700, Memphis, Tennessee 38103
Shelby County Government is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, national origin or handicap status
Shelby County Government participates in E-Verify
Equal Opportunity Employer
Memphis and Shelby County Health Department
- 2 years ago - save job
Shelby County Health Care Corporation, dba Regional Medical Center at Memphis (The MED), provides a variety of health care services to the...