General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable Unmanned Aircraft Systems and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer in Research and Development at our Spanish Fork, Utah facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
With consultative direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives for the review, research, design, development, and/or solution(s) for a designated engineering system(s) or project(s)/program(s). Functioning in an advisory or leadership role participates in the planning and oversight of the successful resolution and implementation of engineering problem(s) and provides direction and guidance to professional and support staff. Formulates technical plans, typically multi-year, for solution(s) development, documentation, and deployment of the engineering solution(s), as well as responsible for meeting various compliance, reporting, and safety standards. Evaluates the integration of the engineering solution within the overall engineering environment; and responsible for planning/overseeing documentation, testing, maintenance, and engineering updates. Communicates with engineering professionals, solution users, and management throughout the solution development cycle; represents the company as a prime technical contact on assigned system(s) or project(s)/program(s); selects, motivates, and develops professional and support staff; interacts with senior internal and external personnel on technical matters requiring coordination between the organizations; anticipates future engineering needs; and, develops new or expands existing business opportunities.
- Determines annual and multi year technical objectives for designated engineering systems or project(s)/program(s).
- Represents the assigned systems or projects(s)/program(s) as a prime technical expert.
- Act as expert consultant and advisor in identified area(s) of engineering.
- Advises or directs the activities of assigned project(s)/program(s) to achieve technical objectives.
- Directs and allocates technical resources and professional staff to achieve objectives.
- Develops new and/or expands existing business opportunities.
- Ensures compliance, reporting, and safety standards are maintained.
- Participates in the planning, selection, retention, and development of the professional staff.
- Publishes and present technical papers and abstracts and participate in internal and external technical program reviews.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices. Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
General Atomics - 22 months ago
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of privately-held General Atomics, is a leading manufacturer of Unmanned...