SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST, NE Regional Finance
We are looking for a driven individual who wants to learn and to grow as part of the Regional Finance team for the Northeast located in Paramus, New Jersey. This role supports Center Management and Leasing with financial planning, forecasting/budgeting and analysis support for the Northeast and Midwest centers. This position reports to the Finance Manager, Northeast & Midwest and works closely with the Director of Finance, Finance Manager, Southeast and a Financial Analyst.
• Review and understand shopping center financial operations, including impact of tenant sales, occupancy costs and health ratios
• Responsible for completing unit inventory and reviewing with Center
• Supports the Center Management with co-tenancy calculations
• Reviews CAM & Tax reconciliations (for assigned centers)
• Responsible for review of % rent roll (for assigned centers)
• Responsible for input and review of annual budgets, business plans and annual on-site budget meetings for the Northeast region (centers as assigned)
• Responsible for input and review of monthly forecasts with the District Manager and center General Managers (as assigned) including center Ops Reviews in TM1
• Responsible for review of monthly Month End P&L results (pre and post) with the center’s General Managers (as assigned)
• Assist in preparing strategies and supporting documentation for the center’s long-term forecasts and review against both historic and market driven data
• Prepare and understand variance explanations to the Company's overall budget, recent forecast, LTF and latest Finance Paper forecast based on current year NOI, Yield, IRR, ROIC and center valuation
• Provide ongoing analysis to improve sales, marketing, income, and expenses for the region (IE benchmarking, competitor review/analysis, best-use of space, process improvement recommendations)
• Provide Operations Management with information, reports and analysis as requested
• Oversee leasing finance functions, reporting and analysis to ensure timeliness, accuracy and proper analysis & impact on the region and centers to achieving their goals
• Go to person for leasing finance
• Review and understand the leasing forecast, and the related risks and opportunities
• Prepare return analysis on key deals and offer advice on profit maximization
• Perform leasing finance functions daily, weekly, monthly and annually as required (for assigned centers) on time, accurately such that can speak to the impact on the region and center objectives and goals. Tasks include but not limited to weekly closed shop report, leasing forecast by space in TM1, budgeting by space in TM1, monthly reports to RLT, leasing & Center management and present analysis of reports to Regional team monthly and annually
• Ability to travel to centers in multiple states for consecutive days as assigned
• Help prepare and develop various monthly reports, presentations and analysis that will be reviewed by senior management
• Perform financial training sessions for other departments within the region
• Coach and mentor junior members of the team
• Help project-manage and lead initiatives within Center Management,
Development, Leasing and Regional Finance
• Participate in special projects as requested
• Other duties as assigned
• BA in Accounting, Finance or related field required from a ranked school, MBA a plus
• Previous experience working with retail development required, and previous experience in a regional role preferred
• 4-6 yrs. experience in finance/accounting, with at least three years in a finance role
• Capable of thriving in a team-oriented environment, partnering with other finance staff and working closely with center General Managers, Developers, RVP’s, Leasing teams and the RFD
• Effective communication and presentation skills, and ability to interface and work closely with the centers and within the region
• Ability to help manage projects, coordinates with other departments, and obtains buy-in from stakeholders
• Ability to simultaneous work on several projects under strict timelines
• Strong analytical and general quantitative skills, with an attention to detail
• Expert user of excel
• Prior experience with a finance system such as TM1 or Hyperion Planning/Essbase a plus
• Focused on developing the skills/experience necessary to be promoted to manager
• Real estate, retail finance, or FP&A experience preferred
• Capable of working independently and with minimal supervision
• Other duties as assigned
The Westfield Group has 119 shopping centers in four countries with over 10.3 million square meters of retail space and 4,400 staff worldwide. The Westfield Group is the ninth largest entity listed on the Australian Stock Exchange and the world's largest retail property group by equity market capitalization.
The shopping centers, valued at US$53.2 billion, have strong positions in their local markets with geographic, retail and economic diversity providing a strong and consistent income stream. The centers are located in prime trade areas, anchored by long term tenancies with major retailers and incorporate a wide cross section of high quality specialty retailers and national chain store operators.
Westfield's North American headquarters are located in West LA (Brentwood).
The Northeast regional office is located in Paramus, New Jersey.
For more information please visit
Jan 17, 2013, 1:44:20 PM
Westfield Corporation - 11 months ago
Mallrats nationwide can get their fix thanks to Macerich. The self-administered real estate investment trust (REIT) acquires, develops, and...