CARE is seeking an experienced senior food security and nutrition expert for anticipated projects to be implemented in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
CARE is a leading humanitarian organization fighting global poverty. Our mission is to help individuals and families in the poorest communities in the world to escape poverty and fight for dignity. The anticipated opportunities will focus on increasing agricultural productivity, improved nutritional status, particularly for women and children, agricultural market facilitation, value chain development, microsavings and microfinance, trade facilitation, post-harvest handling and processing, regulatory and policy reform, humanitarian assistance projects, food distribution, and other activities that promote food security. Projects also will focus on building local and regional capacity to improve livelihoods, address food production, agricultural marketing, value chain and trade constraints to economic growth, as well as researching, designing and implementing guidelines and programs to prevent malnutrition and famine while fostering adequate community nutrition and health practices. Activities will integrate gender concerns to address the roles and inequities that women and minorities face regarding access, influence, and control over agricultural resources.
• M.S., M.B.A. or other post-graduate degree in agronomy, agricultural economics, agribusiness, value chain analysis and development, nutrition, microfinance, trade facilitation, development studies, humanitarian assistance projects, or related field;
• At least of 10 years of country/regional, field experience providing technical expertise in food security/nutrition/gender/agriculture/livelihoods development;
• At least 10 years of USAID project management experience preferred;
• Previous Chief of Party/Deputy Chief of Party experience preferred;
• USAID proposal writing skills preferred;
• Excellent communication and reporting skills;
• Fluency in English required (Spoken and Written);
• Regional language fluency preferred.
Our diversity is our strength; we encourage people from all backgrounds and experiences, particularly women, to apply.
NOTE: POSITION PENDING DONOR APPROVAL
Care.org - 7 months ago