Principal Fraud Investigator-732268
At Capital One, we march to a different beat! While we may be a top-10 bank by deposits, we operate and innovate with the vigor of a start-up. With thousands of employees, we never lose anyone in the shuffle, but celebrate individuals with respect and exceptional benefits. And we don’t just fill positions, but recruit the best and the brightest people that know how to set industry trends and wow consumers.
Capital One has celebrated milestones, including:
- Top-10 bank by deposits
- 148 on the Fortune 500
- 1,000 bank branches
- 2,200 ATM locations
- More than 31,500 associates globally
- 50 million customer accounts
We’re excited to be growing and hiring across the country to build the next generation on sound practices and values so that our philosophy can transcend into our products and services. We hope you join our tremendous team that has helped changed our industry for the better.
If you’ve been looking for a different kind of company then you’ve come to the right place. At Capital One, you’ll find energized, positive people all working together to accomplish one goal – customer satisfaction. At one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For,” you’ll also see a flexible work environment where great benefits start on day one. With excellence and integrity at heart, you’ll continue to grow and be challenged in the place you’ve been looking for all along.
Join a team charged with ensuring the authenticity of customer data while serving customers with the utmost care. Our associates focus on doing the right thing with excellence as their north star.
The Law Enforcement Regional Investigation team is a much-needed position to the business in deterring fraud and pursuing criminal elements targeting Capital One products and our customers.
The associate in this position will work closely with the Law Enforcement Community, Industry Peers and internally with the Investigations team, Management, Internal Fraud Production Teams and the Legal Department. The perfect associate for this position will bring with them a working knowledge of Fraud Processes, investigation experience, corporate initiative, experience working with Law Enforcement, contacts in white collar crimes units/Investigation Bureaus/Detective Bureaus Law Enforcement Community and comfort of working on their own with little supervision. This associate should be outgoing, flexible with 50% travel, comfortable with educational and training opportunities as well as speaking in front of large groups and testifying in court, all while keeping up with case load in the office.
- Accountable for overall performance for the region – case volumes, arrests, restitution, turnaround time
- Communicate to all levels of leadership health of the region and trends and hot topics
- Coach and develop Associate Investigator
- Lead Investigator and POC for the Region
- Identify and build cases where Capital One is being victimized in fraudulent activity. Create and keep organized spreadsheets, PowerPoints and case files
- Have the ability to manage current case load while continually working to find additional cases to refer
- Exhaust all resources to link additional accounts and use knowledge of processes to correctly work these accounts into the case. This includes working with internal Linker team, Fraud Identity team and Transactional team.
- Investigate all cases from A to Z utilizing Capital One systems and the Internet for Investigation purposes
- Ability to keep case notes and write up case reports in organized and well thought out manner
- Respond to faxes and e-mails from law enforcement, industry and court officials requesting assistance with ongoing criminal investigations
- Ability to track arrests and follow up on current cases in order to maximize restitution potential
- Will work with other Investigators to proactively maximize the protection of Capital One
- Must be able to adapt to quick direction changes to accommodate urgent requests of all types
- Have the ability to identify challenges/issues and direct them to the appropriate person in a timely manner. This will include working side-by-side with data analysts, process managers, other investigators and law enforcement officers
- Respond to victim impact statements from the courts seeking response for restitution
- Work closely with other Investigators on witness testimony processes and provide witness coverage in their respective region
- Recommend, develop and execute process improvement projects.
- Share best practices across Regions
Will also have or be:
- Excellent Presentation skills
- Flexibility to travel with short notice – 50% travel within region
- Strong understanding of all applicable state laws and federal statues as they relate to financial crimes
- Excellent Organizational and Time Management skills
- Excellent communication and personal skills needed for marketing casework and obtaining cooperation of others
- Able to work autonomously – be self sufficient and a self starter
- Able to multitask and carrying a diverse and complex caseload
- Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice or Business
- At least 5 years of financial or law enforcement investigative experience – demonstrating knowledge of generally accepted investigative standards, principles and techniques used in the investigation of financial and white collar crimes
- At least 3 years in people management and developing teams
- At least 3 years experience working with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- At least 3 years in Fraud Operations
- At least 2 years of court testimony
- At least 2 years of experience with Law Enforcement and both State and Federal Court Systems
- Proficient in SQL and/or related relational database tools
- Master's Degree
- CFE certificate
- CFCI certification
- At least 2 years of experience with Law Enforcement & Court Systems (both State and Federal levels
- At least 3 years working with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
- At least 3 years in Fraud Operation
- At least 3 years Teaching/Presenting Fraud Programs to internal and external groups
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment
authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. We promote a drug-free work environment. We emphasize recruiting, hiring, and retaining the most qualified candidates and providing them with the opportunity to meet their potential. We provide an environment where differences lead to solutions.
Job : Operations
Primary Location : United States-Nevada-Las Vegas-Las Vegas-LV Call Center (62050)
Other Locations: United States-Texas-Plano-DFW-Plano People Center Bldg 1 (31061), United States-Florida-Tampa-Tampa - Renaissance Center V (42006), United States-Illinois-Chicago-Chicago-Chicago Cafe (35052), United States-New York-Melville-Long Island-Melville, NY (22001)
Schedule : Full-time
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting :
Unposting Date :
Capital One - 19 months ago
Capital One isn't just concerned with what's in your wallet; it's interested in your bank account as well. The company is...