The function of the Senior Mechanical Engineer is to independently design, coordinate, communicate and be responsible for the development of NDT Automation and PAC Systems and products from customer/sales interaction, design planning, through design, drafting, prototyping, testing, documentation, manufacturing, installation, customer satisfaction, sales and product maintenance.
• Non Destructive Testing: Responsible for learning, understanding, using and enhancing and teaching others the non-destructive testing technologies that PAC develops and markets. This includes, but is not limited to Acoustic Emission, Ultrasonics, Thermography, Vibration and/or Eddy Current.
• Systems Design and Development
o Design of enclosures and packaging of Electronic Instrumentation, including hand held table instruments, and outdoor enclosures.
o Design of mechanical components and structures, precision mechanisms, actuators, motor drive sizing (utilizing stepper, DC, and servos).
o Responsible for overall system concept specifications and description, quotation, design, planning, coordinating of resources to complete the assigned projects on-time and on-budget.
o Responsible for managing the entire product development and being personally responsible for a major part of the system design concept and the actual formal design including; circuit design, system packaging concept, software design specifications, testing, validation and verification.
o Responsible for all documentation generated during the design including engineering planning documents, design documents, drawings, production documentation, test procedures and system user and technical manuals.
• Systems Development Planning & Project Management
o Responsible for formal product and project planning in accordance with PAC ISO-9001 standards and Policy and Procedures.
o Must plan and document entire system development plan complete with appropriate Gantt charts, product costing and time estimates, manpower estimates, resource scheduling.
o Time sheets must be filled out accurately and are due each Monday after payday.
o Task List due each Monday after payday with items completed, planned tasks for the next pay period with project numbers and estimated completion dates identified for each task.
o Communication of project status. Managing resources. Assist sales and customers.
Mistras Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• A Bachelors Degree (Masters Degree preferred) in Mechanical Engineering and 7 years direct mechanical design experience.
Experience: Minimum Requirements:
The Senior Mechanical Engineer must have the following qualifications:
• Direct experience in the design and development of enclosures and packaging of Electronic Instrumentation.
• Direct experience in the design and development of mechanism motion control and complex turnkey systems.
• Experience in solid modeling, SolidWorks is preferred. FEA skills are a plus.
• Knowledge of production practices: particularly machining, sheet metal fabrication, material finishing, and product assembly.
• Proven project management skills. This person will be responsible for overall system concept specifications, planning, design, and coordinating of resources to complete the assigned projects on-time and on-budget.
MISTRAS Group, Inc. - 4 months ago
Mistras Group, Inc. (Mistras) is a global provider of technology-enabled, non-destructive testing (NDT) solutions used to evaluate the...