Under general direction, plans and evaluates moderately complex communication systems and makes recommendations for resources required to maintain and/or expand service levels.
- Plans and implements voice and data network enhancements of moderate size and complexity.
- Performs resolutions for complex voice and data communications problems.
- Maintains network documentation and develops documentation formats and templates.
- Evaluates new communication technologies and provides specialized telecommunications technologies expertise.
- Assists in developing communication standards.
- Interprets communication system utilization and capacity statistics and makes configuration and upgrade recommendations based on same.
- Prepares proposals and cost estimates for future projects/programs.
- Identifies and verifies users’ communication requirements.
- Provides training/coaching to IT personnel.
Performs a variety of other duties as assigned.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, M.I.S., or related field; or, an equivalent combination of education and relevant business experience.
- Current Cisco CCNA certification or equivalent is required.
- Five or more years of experience in supporting voice and/or data communications equipment and wiring.
- Working knowledge of MS/Excel, MS/Word, Lotus Notes, and network diagnostic tools and procedures.
- Demonstrated proficiency in planning and managing IT projects.
- Willing and able to travel as required to out-of-town locations and use public transportation vehicles (automobiles, buses, airplanes, etc.).
- Travel may be required on short notice and may involve travel time extending over a weekend.
Ability to learn new technology quickly and demonstrate strong customer service skills. Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent.