EXL (NASDAQ: EXLS) is a leading business process solutions company that helps companies drive business impact and adapt faster to the changing global marketplace. EXL provides operations management, embedded analytics and technology platforms to organizations in the banking and financial services, healthcare, insurance, utilities, transportation and logistics, and travel industries. With more than 21,000 people around the world, we work with our clients as strategic partners to execute operations, identify opportunities to gain a competitive edge, and create new channels for growth and savings. Headquartered in New York and operational since 1999, EXL is present in the U.S., U.K., Singapore, Romania, the Philippines, India, Germany, Czech Republic and Bulgaria.
- Ensure 8,000 Paychecks are sorted and mailed on a weekly basis
- Address payroll related issues as assigned
- Modify employ records as needed to ensure accurate pay
- Archive and file payroll backup and balancing materials each period
- Adhere to strict policies regarding confidentiality
- Assist as needed on tasks such as (but not limited to) printing checks, filing and special projects
- Require exercising discretion
- Making independent judgments that have significant impact on business operations.
- Applying guidelines to decision-making and free to act outside of those guidelines.
- The requirement to make these independent judgments should be one of the employee’s most significant job duties, not something he or she occasionally does
- Ability to assess the nature of the request and assign items to the correct resource
- Enter data into employee records such as banking and deductions
- Assist in the documentation and review process for SOX controls
- Manage multiple tasks to completion in a fast-paced environment (weekly payroll)
- Work closely with other Payroll members to assist with the payroll calculation, finalizing, and transmission
- Professional Payroll Experience (PeopleSoft experience preferred)
- Above average written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail, accuracy and organizational & time management skills
- MS Excel skills, Access Skills
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines as missed deadlines can carry significant penalties to the company
- Ability to work independently and with little supervision
- Flexibility to work odd hours or hours dictated by the business to ensure the payroll is processed successfully
EXL - 6 months ago