SENIOR PAYROLL SPECIALIST OR PAYROLL MANAGER
As part of our dynamic payroll team, we are looking for an experienced payroll specialist to process full cycle payroll for multiple locations and states from our centralized office.
What will you do?
- Work directly with remote HR departments to facilitate accurate and timely payroll processing
- Process non-pay related maintenance such as tax changes, direct deposit, voluntary deduction setup/changes, allowed & taken adjustments, etc.
- Process employee payroll. including timekeeping records and benefit hours Input special payments (retro calculations, commissions, bonus, taxable fringe, etc.) and deduction adjustments
- Prepare payroll processing checklist in order to balance reported payroll changes and payment of wages
- Process pre-payroll audits and balancing prior to final transmission to outside payroll service provider
- Prepare and process off cycle payments to employees
- Review, administer and process all wage garnishments
- Prepare and coordinate month end, quarter end and year end finance reports
- Prepare and maintain payroll reconciliations, including but not limited to cash, quarterly, year end and W2
- Monitor and update control spreadsheets
- Create and process reports, both routine and ad hoc, as defined In department business processes for internal and
- external customers
- Monitor and address all internal requests as required In your role
- Work with business unit personnel as it relates to proper payment and reporting of employee payroll
- Answer employee questions regarding their pay check
- Maintain and file payroll records
- Administrator 401K
- Reviews and pays invoices relating to employee benefits
- Other duties as assigned by manager
What do you need for this position?
- Experience with ADP Work Force Now, HRB, PayEx, Custom Reporting & EzLabor
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of management within the organization
- Proven hands-on experience with a strong work ethic and exceptional attention to detail
- Must be highly motivated, a strong team player with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to multi-task to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to function in a deadline driven, fast-paced and changing environment
- Can-do positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills, strong customer service focus and timely follow-through
- Good presentation and coaching skills for educating internal clients on payroll practices
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Office with advanced Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all payroll records
- This position reviews and pays invoices relating to employee benefits
Benefit Recovery presently has 32 full-time employees, including attorneys, and four part-time employees to service our clients. Our...