The Los Angeles County Office of Education
Is dedicated to equal employment opportunity and fosters a workforce that embraces and reflects the rich diversity of Los Angeles County.
Senior Programming and Systems Analyst
$6032 to $7473 Monthly
Your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans
To learn more, visit: www.lacoe.edu
Online applications must be submitted by:
5:00 P.M. (Pacific)
Public Employee’s Retirement System
PERS Defined Benefit Plan
Paid Time Off:
24 days vacation.
14 holidays. 12 illness days.
No resumes in lieu of a completed online application. This list will expire with exsisting list on 04/18/2013.
The Los Angeles County Office of Education (LACOE), Technology Services Department invites interested qualified candidates to apply for the position of Sr. Programming and Systems Analyst.
LACOE's Technology Services provides high-quality, cost-effective and reliable technology services for all LACOE divisions and Los Angeles County school districts and statewide education agencies. Our expert leadership and seasoned professional staff are making a difference toward LACOE's goal in Leading Educators, Supporting Students and Serving Communities throughout Los Angeles County.
The Well Qualified Candidate…
A successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
And Knowledge of:
- Maintain a high level of care and thoroughness in handling the details of a task
- Show initiative and stay focused to achieve desired outcomes
- Analytically and logically evaluate information and problems to generate alternative solutions
- Show an interest in and understanding of the needs and expectations of internal and external customers
- Assist team members and put team results ahead of personal success
- Identify opportunities for improvement and process simplification
- Evaluate facts, data, and conflicting information to choose the best course of action
- Respond quickly to change
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Principles and techniques of system analysis, design, and documentation, including such approaches as SDLC, Agile, and Waterfall
- Mainframes, microcomputers, servers and operating systems including Z/OS and Microsoft Windows;
- Databasessuch as DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server
- Principles and techniques of client-server and networking technologies
For a complete job description go to www.personnelcommission.com
Required Education and Experience (must be met by 02/19/2013 )
Education : An Associate’s degree or equivalent number of college units (60 semester units or 90 quarter units) including at least 15 semester units in programming and/or relational databases from an institution of higher learning recognized by the Council of Higher Education Accreditation.
Experience : Four years of experience within the last eight years in applications programming, testing, and problem solving for a large-scale computer system, utilizing COBOL and/or ERP technologies, such as PeopleSoft development tools, including at least one year of experience utilizing CICS and DB2.
Additional Requirements : N/A
Candidates who meet the minimum requirements above, will be invited to participate in an examination consisting of Training & Experience (T&E) evaluation, Performance exam and Oral Interview exam. The first part will be T&E. Successful candidates will advance to the performance and technical oral interview.
For additional information on our selection procedures please visit Exam Preparation on our website. Selection and promotion are based on a competitive examination process. Candidates who pass all exam parts are ranked according to overall exam score and placed on an eligibility (hiring) list. Vacant positions are filled from the top three ranks. Eligibility lasts for 6 months or as noted; however, additional recruitment may occur under a separate bulletin with additional candidates being merged onto the eligibility list. Some positions that involve public contact may require bilingual proficiency for which selective certification may apply (Education Code 45277.5 ). In addition, the eligibility list resulting from this examination may be used to fill vacancies in related job classifications for which no eligibility list exists (Education Code 45272). Veterans’ Credit may be awarded for entry jobs.
Reasonable accommodations in completing an application and testing are available to individuals with disabilities. If you would like to request an accommodation, please call (562) 803-8360 as early as possible.
To apply, click on the “Apply” link at the top of this page.
1) Create a User ID and password if you haven’t already done so. 2) Log in. 3) Create or update your MASTER Profile. 4) Complete the QuestionNaire(s) if provided. 5) Submit the application.
Resumes are not accepted in place of a completed application nor will they be reviewed as part of the examination process. Diploma and degree verification (including equivalency of foreign degrees) must be submitted in the form of a copy of your diploma or transcripts. Foreign degree verification may be required and will be the responsibility of the applicant. Educational documentation may be scanned and included with your online application or brought at the last examination part.
Complete applications for this job must be submitted before the end of the announced deadline date unless an extended deadline is shown on the website for this opportunity.
LACOE Personnel Commission, 9300 Imperial Hwy, EC-Annex, Downey, CA 90242
Phone: 562.803.8360 -- Contact: Pauline Bourne -- (M-F 8:00am–5:00pm)
For complete application information, please go to www.personnelcommission.com
This examination is authorized as Open to the Public.
Recruitment ID: 13-353
This announcement does not constitute an implied contract. Any part of this announcement is subject to change.