The Senior Reimbursement Analyst is responsible for supporting Dignity Health hospitals in the Arizona, California, and/or Nevada markets in the calculation of the contractual, bad debt and charity allowances for the monthly financial statements in accordance with Dignity Health Policy and Procedure, performing and providing analytics on the monthly net patient revenues, and providing various projections, pro-formas and ad hoc analyses as needed, in a manner which is consistent with the Mission and Philosophy of Dignity Health.
1. Responsible for the compilation of month-end net revenue calculations and analyses using the Revenue Cycle Analytics (RCA) tool. Prepares supporting documentation in a timely and accurate manner.
2. Assists in the preparation of financial management reporting and analytics to be utilized by corporate/hospital leadership.
3. Participates in the implementation of the RCA tool to include developing mapping tables, reconciling daily and monthly interfaces, and participating in implementation meetings.
4. Analyzes and identifies any underlying causes for net revenue variances.
5. Researches market and/or contract changes and PFS processing issues to ensure accurate reporting of hospital patient AR.
6. Audits reports and recommends changes to reflect accuracy, consistency and completeness of data being reported in hospital patient AR.
7. Assists facilities with month-end templates and hindsight reviews in addition to providing education to the facilities through the use of webinars and conference calls.
8. Collaborates with the revenue cycle team to share information, identify issues around performance, trends, etc. to ensure maximum value of the RCA tool.
9. Assists with the submission of reserve information for compliance with Dignity Health Policy and Procedure.
10. Assists in the review of new strategies for the purpose of ensuring compliance and promotion of best practices.
11. Helps to coordinate annual external audits to ensure accuracy of valuation of net patient accounts receivables. Provides gap analyses.
12. Maintains a thorough understanding and strong knowledge of related information including current system applications and relationships to industry standards.
13. Other net revenue, AR and finance analysis, as assigned.
Work style that fosters credibility by developing loyalty, teamwork, and respect at all levels in the organization as well as with consultants, internal/external auditors, and other outside parties.
Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
Strong verbal communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate well with others
Strong computer skills
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance, business administration or other with related experience required.
Five (5) years of hospital contractual allowance/AR experience or hospital financial accounting experience preferred.
Strong computer skills in Excel required. Skills in Microsoft Access preferred.
Dignity Health, headquartered in San Francisco, Calif., provides integrated, patient and family centered care. It is the fifth largest health system in the country with 10,000 physicians and 55,000 employees across Arizona, California, and Nevada. Through its network of more than 150 ancillary care sites and 40 acute care hospitals, Dignity Health is committed to delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health care services with special attention to the poor and underserved. In 2011, Dignity Health provided $1.4 billion in charity care, community benefit and unreimbursed patient care. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org . Dignity Health is also on Facebook and Twitter.
With a growing network of hospitals throughout Arizona, California and Nevada, Dignity Health offers a spectacular array of career...