• Ph.D. or M.D. degree and at least one year of post-doctoral training
• At least 3 years experience following post-doctoral training in a university or industry environment
• Experience in cellular and molecular biology and/or immunology
• Extensive experience in molecular biology techniques, especially with RT-PCR
• Experience in supervising junior level staff as well as students
• Must be self-starter with ability to work independently
• Must have strong organizational and administrative skills and attention to detail with ability to multi-task and work under deadline pressure
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with a diverse group at all levels of the organization
• Experience working with research administration, and federal funding agencies
• Highly proficient in using computer software (Microsoft Office, EndNote, software needed to operate lab equipment etc.)
• CV detailing all laboratory research, abstracts, publications, and accomplishments
• Three references and/or letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to competency and skills have to be submitted with the application.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
The Research Institute of the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, an interdisciplinary institution dedicated to conducting basic, clinical and translational research on conditions and diseases that affect children is seeking a Research Associate and Lab Supervisor. This position will involve working with Dr. Steven D. Douglas, Associate Chair and Professor, Department of Pediatrics at the University of Pennsylvania.
The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. or M.D. Degree in biology, physiology, biochemistry, or related field and at least 3 years of laboratory experience following post-doctoral training. Experience in cellular and molecular biology and immunology is preferred. Extensive experience in molecular biology techniques, especially with RT-PCR is required. Experience in supervising junior level staff is also required. Excellent communication, organizational skills, and administrative are a requirement.
The successful candidate must be able to work closely with the PI and the other members of his team and to show independent initiative to design and perform experiments related to the assigned projects, actively maintain the hardware and software integrity of the lab display continuous interest in promoting and advancing the research through active participation in all aspects of the project, including preparation of manuscripts, grants, and presentations.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Serves as liaison between the PI and the project staff and other members of the research team.
- Participates in grant-related meetings with the Principal Investigator and the research team.
- Provides expertise needed for solving the problems encountered by the members of the research team.
- Provides guidance to junior research team members.
Children's Hospital Philadelphia - 13 months ago