SENIOR RESEARCH INVESTIGATOR (Bioinformatics)(Job Number: 1300915)
- The Applied Genomics department of BMS is looking to hire a member of the Translational Bioinformatics team.
- The ideal candidate will be cross-trained and fluent in the areas of human biology and medicine, bioinformatics, and systems genetics/systems biology methodologies.
- The Translational Bioinformatics team brings to bear all internal and external genomic resources, data mining capabilities, and cross-functional expertise to positively impact the progression of drug targets, drug candidates, and BMS medicines across the R&D portfolio.
- We work closely with Discovery and Development Teams in a highly cross-functional matrix structure to achieve these goals.
- Ph.D. with equivalent training or experience in the natural sciences with 6+ years of relevant commercial or academic post-graduate experience.
- The role demands strong bioinformatics skills across genetics, DNA/RNA/Protein sequence analysis, comparative genomics, genomic profiling, and integrated/systems level analyses of complex clinical and preclinical data.
- Training or working experience with mathematical and statistical modeling is desired.
- Fluency working with advanced commercial and academic bioinformatics tools in a Linux-based high-performance computing environment (R, SAS, Perl, S-plus, Matlab, etc.) is essential.
- Experience with modern methodologies for WGS/exome/transcriptome sequencing would also be of value.
- A strong training or working knowledge of biology is essential, and expertise in the areas of Fibrosis and/or related areas of immunology/inflammation, cardiovascular disease, and diabetes would be valuable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required. Familiarity with the pharmaceutical/biotech R&D process is advantageous.
Job Function: Applied Biotech
Primary Location: NA-US-NJ-Hopewell
: R&D - Research
- 2 years ago - save job