SENIOR RESEARCH INVESTIGATOR(Job Number: 1300391)
- As a member of the Lead Discovery, Profiling and Compound Management Group, this individual will be responsible for supporting a diverse discovery portfolio through design and development of high quality mammalian cell lines and through the development and execution of high quality, high throughput cell based assays with a strong emphasis on high content imaging analysis.
- In addition to hands on support, this individual will collaborate with colleagues across all disease areas, and cross functional teams, participating as a departmental interface on multiple discovery programs.
- This individual will prepare and present scientific material at internal and external meetings and will oversee projects from junior members of the department.
- As a departmental liaison, a key responsibility will be to ensure efforts fit within a critical decisional path, have a solid scientific rationale, and are executed with high standards of quality and scientific rigor.
- Ph.D. in relevant scientific discipline e.g. cell biology, molecular biology, physiology, pharmacology, etc. with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- Extensive hands on experience in the development, validation and implementation of cell based assays.
- Hands on experience with high content imaging analysis and in the utilization of various detection methods including immunofluorescence labeling, use of fluorescently tagged proteins, and other methods for monitoring phenotypic cellular endpoints.
- Familiar with HCS imaging platforms, hands on experience with HCS instrumentation and proficiency in the use of image analysis software.
- Hands on experience in the development and validation of high quality mammalian cell lines utilizing a range of gene delivery methods e.g. transfection methods and viral systems.
- Proficiency in standard molecular biology techniques including creation of expression vectors, cloning, RNAi, qRT PCR, western blotting, and sequence analysis. Expertise in flow cytometry is a plus.
- Hands on experience with high throughput screening, including HTS technology platforms, process, and data analysis is a significant plus.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, highly organized and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ability to work effectively in a matrixed, team oriented environment is essential.
Job Function: Applied Biotech
Primary Location: NA-US-CT-Wallingford
: R&D - Research
- 2 years ago - save job
Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global biopharmaceutical company whose mission is to discover, develop and deliver innovative medicines that help...