Gaia Interactive entertains millions of people with its unique combination of an online community and social gaming. Our team is seeking a stellar Senior Social Game Interaction Designer for our newest title Monster Galaxy, an RPG that combines team construction, battle strategy and world exploration, and which is one of the top games on Facebook with over 11 million monthly users.
The ideal candidate will join our Social Gaming Team and lead all aspects of User Interaction design, working closely with our engineers and carrying out design projects from start to finish - from brainstorming, diagramming, and wire-frames through to high fidelity visual composites and asset creation. S(he) should also be able to mentor other designers, balance multiple projects, conduct user experience research, and consider the larger picture to best make strategic decisions.
All applicants must be prepared to provide references and work samples. Your portfolio must reflect extensive experience and examples of requirements analysis, wireframes, screen flow diagrams and documentation of screen-level interactions. This is a regular, full-time senior position based in our HQ just across from the San Jose airport.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Assess current social game features and usage patterns
- Craft fun/effective user flows, interactions, wireframes and documenting screen-level interactions.
- Combine user goals and business goals to design fun and engaging experiences
- Produce fast and iterative structural wire-frames and design solutions
- Resolve wire-frames into high fidelity visual composites
- Work with the creative team and engineers to help them implement the user experiences you design and ensure a smooth transition of design into development
- Gather qualitative and quantitative user feedback to optimize existing UX designs and inform new ones
- 2+ years of practical social interaction design experience creating social games.
- A proven ability to lead the overall UX vision of a social game
- Ability to produce high-quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solutions
- Understanding of customer acquisition, retention and monetization (virtual goods)
- Solid understanding of interaction design fundamentals and best practices
- Excellent cross-functional communications skills; verbal, written and visual
- Detail oriented, process and deadline driven
- A passion for gaming, especially social and online gaming
- B.A. and/or Master’s degree in HCI or related field; BFA Visual Arts a plus
- Enjoy a fun, creative, fast-paced environment.