1. Analysing configurations of the basic structural components of a building or other structure.
2. Calculating the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes.
3. Considering the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design.
4. Liaising with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction.
5. Examining structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure.
6. Making drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors.
7. Investigating ground conditions and analysing results of site tests, such as soil samples.
8. Liaising with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound.
9. Applying expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures.
10. Using computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
11. Application of 3-Dimensional software in structural designs.
12. Performs related work as required.
13. Coordination of technical activities with employees in other disciplines participating on an assigned project is required.
14.. Interior field surveys, design, CAD drafting, some technical writing, reviews and production.
15. Ability to manage multiple small projects and provide cross-discipline assistance as necessary. Proficiency with AutoCAD is essential.
16. Ability to establish contract documents from templates or existing building drawings, referencing, layering, detailing and production.
Here, write anything about the job that is not included in company, job description, and qualifications, such as travel requirements. And ensure your potential co-worker, "All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines".
Anadarko Services - 20 months ago
Anadarko Petroleum has ventured beyond its original area of operation -- the Anadarko Basin -- to explore for, develop, produce, and market...