We now seek an SEO Manager who will lead our efforts to optimize our SEO strategies. This is an individual contributor role.
What will I be responsible for?
What education, skills and experience do I need to be considered for this role?
- Drive ongoing SEO strategy to maintain and increase organic search performance for all TakeLessons properties
- Plan and adhere to organic search forecasting, assessments, and presentation of metrics including rankings, organic visits, leads, and sales
- Prioritize SEO recommendations based on resources needed to implement and expected revenue impact
- Act as a key stakeholder in product developments, site updates and A/B testing to ensure SEO needs are met
- Develop recommendations based on indexation, page tagging, site architecture, keyword analysis, linkbuilding, and content optimization to drive organic growth
- Manage linkbuilding vendors, monthly SEO budget, and supporting strategies to drive ROI
- Work closely with engineering, marketing and product teams to ensure consistency in SEO strategy and implementation across TakeLessons properties
- Stay up to date on the latest search engine news, trends, and best practices
- Inform colleagues of best practice techniques to ensure smooth product rollouts and optimal content development
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Benefits and Culture
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Physics, Marketing or Statistics required
- Minimum of 3 years direct working experience in Search Engine Optimization required
- In-depth knowledge about factors impacting organic search optimization including site structure, best practices, page tagging, keyword targeting, indexation, off page strategy, content development, site maps, algorithm changes, and social media efforts required
- Strong analytical and reporting skills, Excel wizardry, and expertise using Google analytics required
- Strong technical SEO abilities backed with knowledge of risk adverse linkbuilding strategies
- Verifiable experience in significantly increasing client or company web site’s search engine rankings required
- A positive attitude and great work ethic
- Ability to communicate effectively with direct reports, colleagues and management teams
- Entrepreneurial, adaptive, creative and great problem solver that is not afraid to take chances
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- PPC experience helpful but not required
- Understanding of the search engine industry, SEO best practices, search engine algorithms and ranking strategies
- User experience knowledge helpful
- Working knowledge of the latest web trends (include social) and best practices for effectively leveraging them to improve organic visibility
TakeLessons offers a variety of benefits including Medical, Dental, Life and Vision; Paid Time Off (PTO); Holidays; and discounted music lessons.
To learn more about our culture, please visit http://kareer.me/discover/takelessons
- All applicants must apply online
- Requisition ID #80
- No phone calls or agencies please
- Sponsorship not available
- No relocation available
- We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds
TakeLessons - 12 months ago