The Active Network, Inc. provides Software as a Service and marketing services to community service organizations worldwide and has earned a reputation as a leading online destination for active lifestyles, winning the best place to work in San Diego by the San Diego business journal. The company’s application services help organizations reduce the cost and complexity of managing the things people love, want, and need to do during their daily activities. The IT organization is committed to being a partner to the business with heavy focus on driving competitive value through the architecture, design, and operations; utilizing leading edge cloud based technologies and impeccable service.
The SEO Specialist is responsible for creating, documenting and managing search strategies for select Active Network, Inc. properties with an emphasis on developing KPI dashboards, tracking results and identifying new opportunities.
Qualifications, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Execute best practices across select Active Network products including keyword research, site architecture, content development, social media, microformats, etc.
- Manage SEO projects through full project lifecycle including requirements gathering, requirements definition, wire framing, development, and QA
- Work with Stakeholders to implement SEO strategies to drive high converting search traffic to pages based on research and A/B testing
- Manage sitemaps, robots.txt files & webmaster accounts
- Interact closely with market stakeholders and product teams to ensure consistency in SEO strategy and implementation across multiple properties
- Build custom KPI dashboards for monthly distribution
- Communicate data analysis with stakeholders focusing on tactics implemented, performance to goal ratios, short and long-term solutions, and creative strategies involving both proven and emerging technologies
- 1-2 years of with the following SEO experience
- Experience optimizing websites for organic search
- Solid understanding of SEO fundamentals
- Track record of successfully implementing SEO strategies with a goal of increasing traffic and revenue
- Ability to craft creative, scalable strategies and tactics and execute on multiple projects while closely measuring the impact of each project
- Highly data-driven with strong analytical and and Excel skills
- Technical skills: basic HTML, CSS, XML sitemap submissions, and code structure as it relates to SEO
- Experience with various organic search tools including Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Omniture SiteCatalyst, SEOmoz, and Conductor
- Manage SEO projects through full product lifecycle including requirements gathering, requirements definition, wire framing, development, and QA
The Active Network, Inc - 15 months ago