The Service Crewman is an active member of a team repairing building projects that provide a positive construction experience for the customer. This position plays an important role in helping the construction team promote a positive attitude, set and meet goals and achieve company objectives
- Learn, keep current with and apply the Morton Buildings’ safety and construction procedures, methods, and standards to every building, everyday
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand and build according to construction plans
- Efficiently execute tasks needed to complete a quality building (repairing) including but not limited to: sliding door, walk door and window replacement residing and roofing, replacing sky lights, rotten post and splashboard repairs, gutters and down spouts, and general building maintenance digging and installing footings, framing walls and roof structures, installing windows, entry and other doors and door openings, installing various siding and roofing materials including hi-rib steel, shingles, wood and other siding materials and mortarless masonry units, finishing with metal and wood trims
- Operate construction hand tools and other specialized equipment safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Display an ability and willingness to adapt to a flexible work schedule and work in various types of weather conditions (hot and cold)
- Exhibit an ability to work in a physically demanding environment including various situations that will include high climbing and heavy lifting of objects
- Work with other crew personnel in a safe, organized, productive and enjoyable work environment treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Willing to travel with over night stay (Up to 50% of the time)
- Be able to adapt to different type of repairs and think outside the box.
- The ability to trouble shoot or problem solve.
- Willing to advance
- Help organize materials and plan for the daily activities
Morton Buildings, Inc. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Affirmative Action Company and Drug-Free Workplace
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current DOT physical
- Interest and aptitude in building construction
- Building construction experience (on the job or in school)
- Ability to work in a Safe manner and contribute to a safe workplace environment
- Treat company property, trucks, tools and equipment in a way that respects the investment
- Ability to produce Quality work
- Ability to work in an Efficient manner
- Ability to communication effectively – both verbal and written
- Ability to take direction
Morton Buildings, Inc. - 16 months ago
Morton Buildings, Inc. operates six manufacturing plants. They are located in Morton, Illinois; Spencer, Iowa; Kenton, Ohio; Winfield,...