Smartsource has a client in the NY area that is looking for a Senior AIX Engineer.
Direct hire for a Senior AIX Engineer
Where: Holbrook, NY
(You will only need to be in the office 2-3 times a week)
You will be required to travel to the clients sites and work for days at a time. Clients can be located in other neighboring states. The company will pay to fly you to the clients and fly you home on the weekends as needed. All expenses will be paid for.
Start date: as soon as this high level resource is identified.
Rate of Pay: $137K-$150K depending on the level plus bonus and benefits will be provided to you.
Senior AIX Engineer Job requirements:
This is a dual role, both presale technical consulting and billable onsite and remote performance delivery.
25% Pre Sales (working closely with the clients to understand and advise them on their needs)
25% Designing their systems
50% Implementing & Documentation with the regards to what was done at the cleint's.
10+ years of experience performing this role as a systems integrator:
- Responsible for architecting and implementing complete infrastructure environments focused on AIX, Linux and Windows.
- Individual should have demonstrated experience working with complex IT requirements, SAN and NAS, backup technologies, security and administrative procedures.
- Experience designing and implementing
- Disaster Recovery also a requirement.
- Consultant should be capable of directing junior engineers and customer administrators on tasks to support an over-arching project.
AIX 7.1 and previous versions
Red Hat and Suise Linux experience
Tivoli Storage Manager
Strong Network fundamentals
Ability to articulate pros and cons of different options/strategies
Comfortable working independent with minimal supervision and direction
Strong technical writing and documentation experience
Must be a US Citizen that can pass background check and potential to gain government clearances.
Please send your resume to Carissa at firstname.lastname@example.org or call carissa at 630-818-1053.