Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong hands on experience in implementing the Web based solutions using latest Java/J2EE technologies and open source frameworks.
- Extensive experience with web based enterprise applications development using Java, J2EE, EJBs, JAXB, JMX, Web Logic, appservers, etc.
- Hands-on experience in designing, developing and deploying the secure Web Applications using J2EE or other security frameworks.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly skilled in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Substantial contribution to the generation and maintenance of electrical work products (i.e. plans, specifications, design documentation, etc) used for internal consumption and/or deliverable to external customers
Duties and Tasks
Travel required 1-2 weeks per month during initial 6 months
- Individual to participate in all phases of development and maintenance life cycle for Control, Test and Monitor (CTM) software to service requests within a satellite communication ground station
- Will maintain active relationships with off-site development organization and become domain expert during the local integration & test efforts
- Participate in the change request process requiring coordination with other teams as necessary.
- Oversee subcontractor unit test is completed and meets the test plan requirements, system testing is completed and system is implemented according to plan.
- Identify solution design, help with quick prototyping of the solutions as well as write code.
- Define and maintain on-site development environment
Education and Experience
Bachelor†s degree in electrical engineering, a related field, or the equivalent experience is required. Advanced degree preferred. In addition, a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience is required, 12 years is preferred.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance
• Fundamental knowledge of Digital Communications System concepts, principles and theories.
• Thorough understanding of Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and digital design concepts.
• Demonstrates strong laboratory environment troubleshooting skills and can effectively perform root-cause analyses.
• Ability to create test scripts, test tools and test simulators to perform work.
• Working knowledge of scripting and programming languages: Perl, Python, Java, C/C++, others a plus.
• Ability to write clear and concise Test Plans and Test Procedure Documentation
General Dynamics C4 Systems - 12 months ago
General Dynamics C4 Systems specializes in command and control, communications networking, rugged computing, information assurance and cyber...