Rabobank Group is a global financial services leader providing wholesale and retail banking, leasing, real estate services, and renewable energy project finance. Founded over a century ago by Dutch farmers as a banking cooperative, Rabobank today is one of the largest banks in the world, with nearly $1 trillion in assets and operations in more than 45 countries, and ranks among the 10 safest banks in the world (per Global Finance “World’s 50 Safest Banks” April 2013). Through its tremendous financial strength and global network, Rabobank has the tremendous resources, broad international reach, and flexibility to deliver innovative, robust solutions and knowledgeable counsel wherever and whenever our clients require.
Headquartered in The Netherlands, Rabobank Group was founded by Dutch farmers in the 1890s, as a collection of small cooperative banks to serve their rural communities. The cooperative model was designed to provide a fair and reliable source of credit to local customers, through a system of shared liabilities, pooled resources, and reservation of profits. Throughout the 20th century, Rabobank expanded its business scope and geographic presence, adding a broader range of banking and financial services to meet the needs of customers in the Netherlands and internationally, while maintaining its cooperative structure and principles.
Internationally, Rabobank is the premier bank to the global food and agriculture industry, helping finance the growth and success of farmers, ranchers, and food, beverage, and agribusiness companies around the world. Rabobank’s agricultural knowledge is unparalleled and its bankers are experts in their fields, delivering a combination of local market insight, global perspective, and deep sector knowledge that is unmatched.
In North America, Rabobank has 9 offices and provides wholesale banking products and services tailored to clients in the food and agribusiness and renewable energy sectors:
• Lending and Credit
• Trade and Commodity Finance
• Acquisition Finance
• Renewable Energy and Infrastructure Finance
• Global Client Solutions
• Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
• Food & Agribusiness Research and Advisory
• Capital Markets
Trade & Commodity Finance, a matrix organisation of both sector/ regional managers, has the objective to be in the top 5 of best TCF banks globally, recognised by the main players as the preferred counterparty for their banking service and respected for its in-depth knowledge and fast, high quality finance solutions.
Structured Inventory Products (Hedged Forward Structures, Cash & Carry, Reporto Structures, hereinafter “SIP”) is a product offered to TCF clients globally, whereby the bank becomes the legal owner of the commodity or product involved. SIP is a core product for TCF.
The Executive Director SIP Americas ensures, in cooperation with the Head SIP for the Americas, a coordinated introduction of the SIP product into the Americas. This include implementing strategy and applicable documentation consistent with global standards (and local specific requirements), sourcing and implementing new SIP facilities for Rabobank clients in the Americas.
• Product and client responsibility for SIP transactions and SIP products for the Americas.
• Actively manage the sales and marketing process of the SIP products and structures in the Americas with a strong focus on client acquisition and leveraging existing relationship.
• Responsible for maintaining and developing client relationships (TCF & WCI)
• Negotiate and commit to financial targets (revenues, CIR).
• Manage the local credit approval process, in conjunction with the credit department.
• Develop and grow a balanced commodity and client portfolio within the set risk parameters of SIP.
• Structure and price products and transactions; including safeguarding consistency in the product/services offering to clients and optimising revenues and ROS/RAROC.
• Maintain relationships with counterparts within Rabo (e.g. local management, credit, legal, compliance, mid and back office, other TCF groups locally and globally, etc).
• Effective communication with customers including providing information (such as product, price or market information) which is fair, clear and not misleading.
BA/BS in Finance (MBA is advisable)
Finance professional with 5- 10 years experience with a minimum of 5 years experience with SIP.
Has well established contacts with clients, thorough knowledge of the commodities and markets.
Familiar with structuring and marketing of the various SIP structures and products.
Comfortable with futures hedging and price risk management.
Understand the risk, credit, and legal operating environment of SIP
Knowledge of accounting theories and frameworks.
Knowledge and familiar with the regulatory environments (DFA, Basel III, DFS, etc)
Credit and counterparty analysis: able to write and review Credit Applications and memo’s.
General RM or TCF background with ownership based finance specialisation.
Good Communication skills.
Sound decision making abilities.
Self motivated achiever who is strongly committed to meeting and exceeding objectives.
Good knowledge of derivatives (futures)
• Relevant Professional Finance Qualifications
• Dutch speaker and Spanish/Portuguese would be an advantage.
As a cooperative bank, Rabobank builds long-term relationships with our customers and our employees. We are close financial “partners” to our clients, focused on serving their needs. Our culture is one of collaboration and teamwork, with strong commitment to fostering sustainable employee-bank relationships.
Rabobank New York Branch offers a comprehensive benefits program that is among the finest in the industry featuring: Medical/Dental/Vision Plans; Defined Contribution (401k) Plan With Employer Match; Paid Vacation based on position and length of service; Life and Disability Insurance; Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Plans; Transportation Reimbursement Incentive Plan; Educational Assistance Program. Also offering Portable Voluntary Benefits including Pet Insurance; Automobile and Homeowner’s Insurance; Cancer Protection Plan; Legal Insurance Plan; Optional Life and Disability Insurance.
Rabobank Group has its roots deep in Dutch soil. Founded as a cooperative of Dutch agricultural banks in 1898, the company has some 140...