Under general direction, supervises all mailroom activities, including the sorting and delivery of incoming mail, packages, faxes, pouches and interoffice correspondence as well as the preparation and sending of outgoing mail. Supervises inventory, checks, and reorders items as needed. May also supervise the receipt and allocation of office supplies.
- Assist Site Manager in the supervision of activities at site location.
- Supervise tasks or special projects at site location.
- Resolve conflicts or issues that may arise among employees or between client and staff (involving Site Manager if needed).
- Train new employees on job duties and cross training of current staff.
- Complete required logs, reports and other paperwork.
- Perform quality check on all work.
- Due to changing technology in office automation, the supervisor is routinely required to learn new features and functionalities of copying machines, faxes, scanning, shipping equipment as introduced at the site and train staff immediately in order to take advantage of new functionalities for greater productivity and efficiencies.
Other duties as assigned by their Manager
- Ability to communicate with clients
- Ability to work well in stressful situations and be deadline sensitive
- Availability to work overtime/varied hours when required
- Clear status on criminal and drug test
- Excellent customer service skills, professional attitude & appearance
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, administrative, record keeping & time management skills
- Strong team approach to business
- Must have excellent follow through skills
- 4 or more years experience working in the mail/copy industry
- As required by account location, knowledge of industry trends and technological changes
- Intermittent physical activity including bending, reaching and prolonged periods of sitting
- May occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
Canon Business Process Services
- 23 months ago - save job